Air con at rear - working?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Stevmanuk

Post by Stevmanuk »

Hi

I took delivery of my Macan a few weeks back and had the nice little surprise that the air con is standard at the rear for 2016 models.

Great as I have kids and was a slight oversight that I did not option.

Anyways - i put it on the other day to test it out and as far as I could tell it was not doing anything. fan on full in main unit at front and pushed the temp to max on the controls on the rear unit itself - no air coming out as far as I could tell.

Am is missing a control? is the air flow just always very slight?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Stevmanuk

Test drive - 19/02/16
Ordered - 20/02/16
Lock down - 20/02/16
Delivery - 29/03/16
New baby boy arrival - 30/03/16

Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi

I took delivery of my Macan a few weeks back and had the nice little surprise that the air con is standard at the rear for 2016 models.

Great as I have kids and was a slight oversight that I did not option.

Anyways - i put it on the other day to test it out and as far as I could tell it was not doing anything. fan on full in main unit at front and pushed the temp to max on the controls on the rear unit itself - no air coming out as far as I could tell.

Am is missing a control? is the air flow just always very slight?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Stevmanuk

Hi Steve,
There's a few notes about the 3-zone in the manual. For instance:
3-zone air conditioning: In defrosting mode, the

air supply to the rear is cut off automatically to

achieve maximum defrosting efficiency.

The air flows to the windshield and the front side

windows.

Perhaps setting the fan to full and the temp to max made the system think it was in defrosting mode, hence no airflow to rear? Alternatively, there are other restriction when 'sync' mode is switched on.

Guy

Post by Guy »

I just read a bit more of the manual - if you disable the rear power-windows using the switch in the drivers door, this also disables the heater switches in the rear, so perhaps that's the problem.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Also, double check the settings for the overall air-strength - there are 3 levels to choose from.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

I just read a bit more of the manual - if you disable the rear power-windows using the switch in the drivers door, this also disables the heater switches in the rear, so perhaps that's the problem.

This will be the situation. It also stops the rear seat warmers also

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
Stevmanuk

Post by Stevmanuk »

Thanks all. Will double check tomorrow if the rear power windows are in lock mode. Could well have been the situation.

I did adjust on the switch in the rear to max hot and max cold - neither seemed to make any difference to airflow.

hopefully this fixes it. quick follow up question through. Is it on its own independent setting or does it follow / sync with rest of climate control. I can't see the kids adjusting it so keen to is following / taking direction from main AC controls and not just the +/- control at rear :-)

Thanks for all replies on this - possible least exciting thread on this forum ;-)
Test drive - 19/02/16
Ordered - 20/02/16
Lock down - 20/02/16
Delivery - 29/03/16
New baby boy arrival - 30/03/16
Sandy Tyres

Post by Sandy Tyres »

I notice my rear vents only work if the middle air button is selected at the front. this means it's is disabled when air is set to auto
Ruffy

Post by Ruffy »

The window button with x on it cuts all controls to rear including heated seats, Windows , air con etc
Turbo now collected😃
www.porsche-code.com/PGXPICE1
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I notice my rear vents only work if the middle air button is selected at the front. this means it's is disabled when air is set to auto

My rear a/c works just fine with the switch at the front set to auto Smile.

To the OP, the easiest way to get no air out of the vents at the back is to forget to open the vent with the horizontal scoll wheel. Don't ask me how I know this Embarrassed.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Diovin1

Post by Diovin1 »

Hey check for freon in your air conditioner since the people who installed the air conditioner forgot or did not specifically charge the air conditioner with freon this is a very common problem. I have faced this situation once. I installed an air conditioner in the winter and all winter and spring I did not use it and when I turned on in the summer it turned out that it does not cool, I had to call the technicians from https://www.socool.sg/. I think the people who installed my air conditioner did it on purpose in the hope of earning money on the fact that I will call them a second time, it's very ugly I call it foul play.