MY17 PCM

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

On DAB I occasionally loose signal and just get silence for 5 minutes or so. Trying fm and that works ok so back to dab and just wait and eventually the signal comes back. First time i thought it was the BBC having a problem, but now convince its the car and where I live you can actually see the transmitter mast and never lost signal on my previous Merc. Haven't timed how long my system stays on when I turn off but it is at least several minutes or until I open my door and the seat motors back to the comfort entry setting position.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Coley40 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:36 pm
Where can you find the map year data ? Never checked mine but was built at the end of April.
On the Home screen on the PCM, touch 'Set' for settings, select 'Software Update', then 'Version Information'. (Scroll down for the second page of information).
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
happy days

Post by happy days »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:33 am On DAB I occasionally loose signal and just get silence for 5 minutes or so. Trying fm and that works ok so back to dab and just wait and eventually the signal comes back. First time i thought it was the BBC having a problem, but now convince its the car and where I live you can actually see the transmitter mast and never lost signal on my previous Merc. Haven't timed how long my system stays on when I turn off but it is at least several minutes or until I open my door and the seat motors back to the comfort entry setting position.
Hmm, strange. When I have a DAB station on and the signal goes weak, it generally reverts to the same channel on FM and then back to DAB when the signal improves.
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

This is how mine works too - seem to recall I had to set it up somewhere (or was that another car...?!)
Mine always starts up where I left it too (no Heart default) but I do have 2 screens of DAB pre-sets......
DAB gives a weird effect sometimes at start up where you get a brief duplication of what you've just heard (or maybe it gies to FM first and DAB kicks in just a bit later with a stronger but slightly delayed signal?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Caring Young Solman wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:17 pm ' I also have a 17 plate Macan S. Same problem with the DAB radio . Some mornings says 'No signal' on any stations. Then next day works but then goes off. Today tried Radio 2 as Porsche said that is strongest station on DAB. But kept cutting out. Never had this problem on DAB on last car Jaquar XF sport. Anybody got any ideas.Porsche said bring it in, but confirmed there is not a set diagnostics check and I fear they will say nothing wrong if it works on the day they have it.
Solman, After much messing about changing aerial leads and software updates my DAB issues were only sorted when the complete PCM control computer was replaced. No issues at all now for six months.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Coley40

Post by Coley40 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 am
Coley40 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:36 pm
Where can you find the map year data ? Never checked mine but was built at the end of April.
On the Home screen on the PCM, touch 'Set' for settings, select 'Software Update', then 'Version Information'. (Scroll down for the second page of information).
👍👍 cheers
White GTS- collection May 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5M4PW5
Coley40

Post by Coley40 »

Just checked my navigation database and version is:
V03959802GB 0153 ECE 2016/2017.

My build date was 21st April. Is this the latest version ?
White GTS- collection May 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5M4PW5
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mine is a Sept 16 build and from the start up to the G are the same as yours then my text is

J 0157 ECE 2017

I have run a software update to get more up to date map idata.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags