MY17 PCM

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Seem to some funny going on with my PCM system.
MY17 PCM NAV module but no connect or connect plus

1. Tunrns itself off 10 seconds after I turn off the engine with the key still in ignition. Only way to keep it live when I stop is keep the engine running. Is this normal?

2. Sometimes no DAB stations available when first started. Strong digital signal here, no issues with previous Touareg or wife's TT. Next time I start it all stations available.

3. Always jumps to a SD card when first started and not the radio it was previously on. When radio button hit then brings up a message that its setting up station list.

4. Seem to have 15/16 nav maps when others have 16/17. Car built the end of May delivered mid June.

Hope some of you with 17MY PCM can help
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

LLL

Post by LLL »

Seem to some funny going on with my PCM system.
MY17 PCM NAV module but no connect or connect plus

1. Tunrns itself off 10 seconds after I turn off the engine with the key still in ignition. Only way to keep it live when I stop is keep the engine running. Is this normal?

2. Sometimes no DAB stations available when first started. Strong digital signal here, no issues with previous Touareg or wife's TT. Next time I start it all stations available.

3. Always jumps to a SD card when first started and not the radio it was previously on. When radio button hit then brings up a message that its setting up station list.

4. Seem to have 15/16 nav maps when others have 16/17. Car built the end of May delivered mid June.

Hope some of you with 17MY PCM can help

Hi Rab J

Here my respons. Hope it helps!

1. Mine stays on for several minutes when I turn off the ignition. When I open the door it shut down immedeately.

2. No idea. I don't use DAB

3. The default choice is stored with the memory setting. So if you either have "auto save" turned on it should save the latest state of PCM when car was switched off OR you have to manually Save the current state to your key in the same manner that you save seat positions etc. If I leav my car playing something from the SD card it will resume the same song next time. Same applies for the Radio

4. The reason why you only have 2015/16 map is probably because your production in may actually was to early. Porsche usually do include the mid term (half year) map updtes in their july builds. The update itself was however pushed out OTA to connect+ users previous, but in the production line the 2015/2016 version is still due until the July switch. Since you don't have Connect+ on your car the only way to update maps is to go to your dealer and ask them. Unfortunately.

Luke2016-07-18 18:09:04
goron59

Post by goron59 »

3. Do you have comfort entry? Guessing not as you say you leave key ignition. Remembering the last settings might be related to that. Just a guess though.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Thanks for your replies. I do wonder if I'm missing something as it is a complicated beast or does my unit have programme glitches. It was one of the last cars produced before the missing chip issue reared its head so maybe a bit of a lash up of whatever parts they had left.
I don't have comfort entry but do have seat memory option. I don't lock the car in the garage at night so don't save settings so possibly the issue.
My last cars radio nav unit did shut down after perhaps ten minutes but this one shuts down in a matter of seconds. I have tried to restart it by pressing the volume knob. This works but only for the same ten seconds.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

The 10 second thing seems like a proper glitch. Worth getting it checked.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The 10 second thing seems like a proper glitch. Worth getting it checked.

Yes I do intend to get it checked out, the occasional complete loss of DAB doesn't seem right either. I thought it would be good to get a few opinions from others forum members before approaching the dealership.
Caring Young Solman

Post by Caring Young Solman »

' I also have a 17 plate Macan S. Same problem with the DAB radio . Some mornings says 'No signal' on any stations. Then next day works but then goes off. Today tried Radio 2 as Porsche said that is strongest station on DAB. But kept cutting out. Never had this problem on DAB on last car Jaquar XF sport. Anybody got any ideas.Porsche said bring it in, but confirmed there is not a set diagnostics check and I fear they will say nothing wrong if it works on the day they have it.
Nigel Cross

Post by Nigel Cross »

I took delivery in May and the DAB reception (I am in the SW) is rubbish and drops regularly and intend to say something, but feel they will say there is nothing that can be done. We have other DABs and they are consistently strong and I think is a Porsche radio problem
Towser

Post by Towser »

The whole thing does seem to be a bit glitchy. Mine regularly refuses to recognise the iPod despite playing it fine when I last got out of the car and requires it to be unplugged and plugged back in again. On Sunday morning the only thing it would play was Radio 4 no matter what I pressed and I've never listened to radio 4 in my life!
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9
Coley40

Post by Coley40 »

Hi

mine stays on for approx 15 mins when I turn the ignition off. my previous Merc stayed on for 30 mins and would bring up a message to warn as well before it turned off.

Where can you find the map year data ? Never checked mine but was built at the end of April.
White GTS- collection May 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5M4PW5