Is it me

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Spud

Post by Spud »

Guys just a question please as I'm not so technical as some of you, sometimes when driving my SD when pulling off the change between first to second feels snatched it certainly isn't smooth like my previous Petrol Macans also when reversing up a driveway the car sometimes doesn't feel as though its going to move I have to get up to 1,000 rpm to make it shift, sorry to sound pathetic but not sure whether to talk to the service dept without making a fool of myself Confused
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

The gears do snatch at times, for me it occasionally snatches when changing from 2nd to 1st. Hasn't done it in reverse through.
IIRC this has been mentioned previously as a "known" issue.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Have a try at Luke's system for resetting the PDK!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Certainly the reversy bit sounds just like my first SD Spud. And mine was always trying to get into sevond far too quickly fir my liking (in fact it would often pull away in second unless you were absolutely stationary)

It maybe that because yours was a demo (?) its had nany different drivers.

Try resetting the PDK...have a quick hunt for a post by Luke. It involves switching the engine on with everything switched off electrics-wise leaving it for 3 mins, putting the a/c on for 3 mins.....(I think.....although holding your left ear and standing on one foot came into it somewhere.... )

Seriously, I believe this is a good first try prior to dealership intervention.

Here

http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/reset-pdk_topic3062_post96663.html?KW=Reset+PDK#96663
Paul2017-01-06 15:06:25
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

Certainly the reversy bit sounds just like my first SD Spud. And mine was always trying to get into sevond far too quickly fir my liking (in fact it would often pull away in second unless you were absolutely stationary)

It maybe that because yours was a demo (?) its had nany different drivers.

Try resetting the PDK...have a quick hunt for a post by Luke. It involves switching the engine on with everything switched off electrics-wise leaving it for 3 mins, putting the a/c on for 3 mins.....(I think.....although holding your left ear and standing on one foot came into it somewhere.... )

Seriously, I believe this is a good first try prior to dealership intervention.

Here

http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/reset-pdk_topic3062_post96663.html?KW=Reset+PDK#96663

Thanks for the link Paul, just one question do I wear a thong whilst doing this Wink
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Ok tried the solution as per Pauls link will report back if its made a difference Thumbs Up
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Hi Spud
Cant say I have ever had the snatching of any gears, but would agree with the hesitance to reverse up a hill, car feels very heavy at this point!
biggest thing though is turning right out of a T junction mainly in the wet, the rear inside wheel really doesn't grip and the back end feels like it jumps sideways! anyone else experienced this??
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2
Spud

Post by Spud »

Hi Spud
Cant say I have ever had the snatching of any gears, but would agree with the hesitance to reverse up a hill, car feels very heavy at this point!
biggest thing though is turning right out of a T junction mainly in the wet, the rear inside wheel really doesn't grip and the back end feels like it jumps sideways! anyone else experienced this??

Hi Spicky, Not experienced that yet, spotted you the other week on Chapel Lane, RavensheadSmile
Spud2017-01-06 18:36:09
GTS Delivered April 2018
Syncrolark

Post by Syncrolark »

Is hill hold coming on ?

My drive is sloped and often when reversing in i first stop a little too far away from the wall and need to creep backwards. If hill hold is on it can take some persuading to let go which if your only a foot off the wall is a little unnerving !
Final Code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJFXH83
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

HOLD

Was very flaky on the SD, hit and miss if it worked or not

On the Turbo, apply extra pressure to brake pedal and it works every time irrespective of gradient.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags