Various problems - Is it just me?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Which OPC?
Customer sevice seems consistently poor.
To be left without a vehicle, especially after their advice to keep using until the Jan tranfer box replacement sounds appalling.

Recommend written complaint to the Dealer principle, and get Porsche UK customer service involved too.

Is there another OPC you coukd use?

Best wishes & hope the situation improves.
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

would not waste any more time with Porsche even the main UK centre is not helpful at all, but all manufactures are the same once they have your money.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

marcusjames wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 pm Decided to resurrect this thread to give some updates.

Macan Diesel S had a transfer box replaced last summer at circa 15,000 miles. It ran as it should for about nine months but then started showing familiar traits. Four visits to local OPC to be continually told "it's normal sir, just your imagination". It became so unbearable (hesitation, stuttering etc) that I insisted on an accompanied test drive with the chief technician. We hadn't exited the car park when he announced "your transfer box has gone!"

Firstly, I was told the previous replacement was an upgraded version and "bullet proof". Secondly, I understand that engineered products go wrong, but I don't accept that I need to become a "broken record" for Porsche to take the issue seriously. I've lost count of the hours spend travelling to, or sitting at the dealership.

Last week I was told the part was on order and the earliest they could take it in would be 28th January! They asked me to continue driving the car in the meantime and promised it would get worse but never become terminal to break down. Today, it went into limp mode and dash lit up. Called OPC and they confirm the box is dead. Porsche Assistance have been useless and I'm now without a car over Christmas with two young children stuck at home and not going away to see relatives (actually, that may be a blessing!).

That's me done. The car will go in for a replacement and straight on the market for sale.
If your car is under 3 years old you will still be on Porsche Assist and be entitled to an Enterprise hire car free of charge. I got a C class earlier this month but sometimes you will get an E class.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:41 am would not waste any more time with Porsche even the main UK centre is not helpful at all, but all manufactures are the same once they have your money.
Gasgas, I felt exactly the same this time last year. My Macan transfer box packed up when I was in France, it was taken away to a Porsche centre in France and I never saw my car for over a month!
We spent a large part of our holiday in taxis going to collect several seriously horrible Peugeots, and after many phone calls to Porsche Assistance (the AA) we eventually had to make our 950 mile journey home in a Peugeot 2008. We were lied to several times and phone calls were never returned. Eventually Porsche customer services became involved but were extremely uninterested. The car was returned and I still have it but I feel that I would have received better service from Fiat or Renault. I'll be returning to BMW for my next purchase.
What really annoys me is that Porsche have been having these transfer box problems since early Cayennes but still stick their heads in the sand.
Hope you get yours fixed and I think you're doing the right thing by getting rid of it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
marcusjames

Post by marcusjames »

After numerous heated conversations with Porsche Assistance today, they eventually offered me a BMW 3 series but refused to deliver it. That wasn't a major issue but I'm surprised I have to call in favours to get to Enterprise depot. This is not the service I've experienced from Mercedes and BMW. I appreciate that Porsche are piggy backing off VAG but this is not what I expect from a premium brand.

So, whilst I'm happy to be mobile, Enterprise insist on getting the car delivered back to them at 8am on 27th. I can't believe that Porsche will have my car fixed by then (especially considering they're not collecting it until morning of Monday 24th). They can try and come and get the hire car back if they want, but I won't be very forthcoming with the keys. I suspect they realised this will be a challenge when I asked if I'm still insured if I don't return it on 27th!!

I'm disgusted by the transfer box comedy and deceit from Porsche. I found myself googling legal "class actions" last night. In my opinion this is a known issue that Porsche are being slowly reactive to until cars are out of warranty. Surely a informed buyer (and I know these threads don't help that) will steer clear of purchasing our cars on the second hand market after reading about these issues.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

marcusjames wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:04 pm After numerous heated conversations with Porsche Assistance today, they eventually offered me a BMW 3 series but refused to deliver it. That wasn't a major issue but I'm surprised I have to call in favours to get to Enterprise depot. This is not the service I've experienced from Mercedes and BMW. I appreciate that Porsche are piggy backing off VAG but this is not what I expect from a premium brand.

So, whilst I'm happy to be mobile, Enterprise insist on getting the car delivered back to them at 8am on 27th. I can't believe that Porsche will have my car fixed by then (especially considering they're not collecting it until morning of Monday 24th). They can try and come and get the hire car back if they want, but I won't be very forthcoming with the keys. I suspect they realised this will be a challenge when I asked if I'm still insured if I don't return it on 27th!!

I'm disgusted by the transfer box comedy and deceit from Porsche. I found myself googling legal "class actions" last night. In my opinion this is a known issue that Porsche are being slowly reactive to until cars are out of warranty. Surely a informed buyer (and I know these threads don't help that) will steer clear of purchasing our cars on the second hand market after reading about these issues.

I’m really surprised by the hassle you have had as over the years never had any problem in getting an Enterprise car delivered and left with me for as long as the repair takes.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
as Mark says.....that has also been my (limited) experience of Porsche Assist

I suspect you’ve just been given the “standard” 5/6 day initial mobility solution and that the dealership will be extending the hire as appropriate once they’ve got your car, diagnosed and orderered parts as necessary.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Be careful in your dealings with Enterprise. They could ask for your Credit Card details and try to flog you accidental damage insurance. I was quite bemused. After all their contract is with porsche assist.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Guy

Post by Guy »

Is this the same 'Porsche Assist' that would've cost me £285 to extend for another two years???? (beyond the 3rd year 'standard' cover)

I am very glad that I went elsewhere!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 pm Be careful in your dealings with Enterprise. They could ask for your Credit Card details and try to flog you accidental damage insurance. I was quite bemused. After all their contract is with porsche assist.
I did not get asked for my card details at beginning of month.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.