Various problems - Is it just me?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Guy

Post by Guy »

JonNic wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:24 am Turned out to be the fact I had an aluminium number plate. They changed it to a plastic one and problem solved! Might be worth a check.
That's interesting - mine are aluminium and I have a few problems with false alarms. I will see if it's better when I move back to UK and refit plastic plates.

goron59

Post by goron59 »

jonmacan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm All these niggles should be looked at positively as the rewards for such come in the shape of different loan vehicles. My last was a 718 PDK boxster for 4 days and 9 different types of Porsche before that..

Niggles bring them on
If you're lucky, you might get a P111 cab loaner.. the opposite of this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8-9oIq1hxw
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Wish I had a P111 now as I could chip it in for the day for :oops: a 911 for the day.. the best I manage now is an VW UP or passat courtesy car.. :lol:

Never mind...better to have loved and lost than never loved at all :mrgreen:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Interesting to know - mine do seem to have an aluminium layer behind the plastic.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

My pcm went to black and white with no station logos shown and at the same time the map would not display in the right hand multifunction display. Took OPC three attempts but it now seems ok, first attempt replaced the dashboard wiring harness, second attempt replaced the dashboard display, final one replaced the complete pcm which seems to have fixed it for about 3 months now. Sensors go off front or rear randomly in stationary traffic when nothing has moved, seems more frequent since the pcm change? I took pictures with my phone of the dashboard display problems, when stationary of course, the problem fixed itself if the car was locked and left for a while, just turning off and on again didn't fix it. Definately a problem for the OPC.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:31 pm My pcm went to black and white with no station logos shown and at the same time the map would not display in the right hand multifunction display. Took OPC three attempts but it now seems ok, first attempt replaced the dashboard wiring harness, second attempt replaced the dashboard display, final one replaced the complete pcm which seems to have fixed it for about 3 months now. Sensors go off front or rear randomly in stationary traffic when nothing has moved, seems more frequent since the pcm change? I took pictures with my phone of the dashboard display problems, when stationary of course, the problem fixed itself if the car was locked and left for a while, just turning off and on again didn't fix it. Definately a problem for the OPC.
I am sure I read report that the parking sensor issues were related to the number plate. Can't remember where I read it now. Maybe another member can remember the thread?

Mine do work perfectly fine though. Ok maybe once or twice they have gone off on their own but that could be bugs flying around etc.
GTS 😀
marcusjames

Post by marcusjames »

Decided to resurrect this thread to give some updates.

Macan Diesel S had a transfer box replaced last summer at circa 15,000 miles. It ran as it should for about nine months but then started showing familiar traits. Four visits to local OPC to be continually told "it's normal sir, just your imagination". It became so unbearable (hesitation, stuttering etc) that I insisted on an accompanied test drive with the chief technician. We hadn't exited the car park when he announced "your transfer box has gone!"

Firstly, I was told the previous replacement was an upgraded version and "bullet proof". Secondly, I understand that engineered products go wrong, but I don't accept that I need to become a "broken record" for Porsche to take the issue seriously. I've lost count of the hours spend travelling to, or sitting at the dealership.

Last week I was told the part was on order and the earliest they could take it in would be 28th January! They asked me to continue driving the car in the meantime and promised it would get worse but never become terminal to break down. Today, it went into limp mode and dash lit up. Called OPC and they confirm the box is dead. Porsche Assistance have been useless and I'm now without a car over Christmas with two young children stuck at home and not going away to see relatives (actually, that may be a blessing!).

That's me done. The car will go in for a replacement and straight on the market for sale.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Why no replacement vehicle?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Marcus - if I were you I’d be at the dealership Monday first thing wanting to know which car to take home until yours is fixed. If the service manager was any good he’d be offering you his car. Tell them you’re not leaving until you have a loan car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul

Post by Paul »

marcusjames wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 pm Today, it went into limp mode and dash lit up. Called OPC and they confirm the box is dead. Porsche Assistance have been useless and I'm now without a car over Christmas with two young children stuck at home and not going away to see relatives (actually, that may be a blessing!).
.....as Nick says, where’s the Porsche Assist loan car.....? You should (as a minimum) be in an Enterprise C class ......until yours is fixed
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465