Various problems - Is it just me?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
marcusjames

Post by marcusjames »

Recently purchased a 2016 MY Diesel S from an OPC. I immediately noticed some quirks and have returned the car three times for assessments; typically, I can't recreate many of them on test drives with the OPC technician.
1) Gearbox is ridiculously lumpy. It appears to be mainly accelerating in 2nd gear, but reverse is hesitant too. A fellow member kindly let me drive their GTS back-to-back which put some concerns to rest, but I'm still not convinced that mine is normal.
2) No end of "electrical" gremlins:
- Radio doesn't show station logos
- Phone connection unstable and often makes muffled calls where everyone sounds like a Dalek!
- Sat nav map sometimes disappears from dash screen option
- Auto start/stop will sometimes not re-start when brake pedal released. It says "start engine manually" which needs gearbox back into park and key off and on again.
- Parking sensors have a mind of their own. They sometimes come on when driving on motorway with no other car around. It's not just one, it's all front and back sensors showing red and sounding warning tone.
- Rear sensors come on when a car pulls up behind me. Surely this should only be activated if I select reverse gear.
- Oil level is irratic. It jumped from full to empty "do not drive" over 50 miles.
The technicians are giving me a standard speech about diagnostic showing the car to be perfect. I'm tempted to set up a go pro on the driver's window to record some of the quirks as they happen.
Love the car when it's performing well, but these issues are becoming frustrating now.
Any advice or comments appreciated.

Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

GoPro seems like a good idea as there are quite a few issues there.

There have been reports about radio station logos not showing and I think they were fixed by a PCM update, however if you just collected yours then it should have an up to date PCM.

I have had the parking sensors (I have surround view) warn me when a car behind me was really close in slow moving traffic whilst moving forward. I didn't see that as a problem... quite the opposite. Need to be aware of the idiots around you! A light tap of the brakes (just enough to activate the lights) and he kept a bit more distance.

You definitely seem to be unlucky though. I must say that whilst my experience with the dealer was well below par, the car has lived up to all of my expectations in terms of performance and has been trouble free. I do hope you get the problems fixed quickly and easily so you can enjoy what the car has to offer.Macandriver2017-02-18 19:17:41
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Doesn't sound right at all. A visit to OPC a must.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

There's a thread somewhere by Luke (and re-posted a couple of days ago) on re-setting the PDK. This would be worth a try especially on a pre-owned car where it may have had a number of test drives etc.
The recent PCM software update was only being carried out after "customer complaint" (although thus may have changed recently) so yours nay not have had this done. It's certainly worth asking the specific question of the dealership.
I can't comment on the stop-start as I loath it with a passion and always switch it off!
The parking sensors are over sensitive and will come on it town / in trafic / clise to hedgerows etc (including the rears) but I've not experienced them sounding off on an empty motorway.
Your suggestion of videoing the issues as they happen is a good one and will help the dealership sort the problems out.
Fingers crossed!Paul2017-02-18 19:43:56
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Hi Marcusjames - sorry to hear the OPC still haven't resolved the issues. Your suggestion of a go-pro video sounds about right although frustrating to have to go through just to prove a point. Has the dealer not offered to keep your car for a couple of days for one of the technicians to drive a couple of times to replicate the issues. A little disheartening to hear TBH. Whatsapp me if you want another chat...

Edited with:

PDK reset link again (Thanks to Luke)
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/reset-pdk_topic3062_page1.html?KW=reset+pdk+box

Nosmo2017-02-18 20:49:28
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Would be worth resetting PDK.

I only have problems with sensors if car is dirty.
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

The only thing I have is the parking sensors - total nightmare.

They go off at junctions as I try to pull out, on some cars as they go by but not others. In stationary traffic they start beeping and stop although neither I or the following traffic has moved.

I have come to ignore them as they start beeping the minute I get on the drive resulting in me reversing into the garage door (whilst very tired) and my wife reversing into a massive concrete ball at the gym.

They are ridiculously sensitive and erratic - being looked at whilst the car is in next week but all they can think of is the front number plate is not properly secured which does not explain it.

Shyate...

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

All of this talk of GoPro. By coincidence, I saw a two minute video today (Porsche YouTube channel I think) featuring the founder of GoPro in a promotion of the new Panamera. A nice Sapphire 4S.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

All of this talk of GoPro. By coincidence, I saw a two minute video today (Porsche YouTube channel I think) featuring the founder of GoPro in a promotion of the new Panamera. A nice Sapphire 4S.

( best colour for a Panamera.... )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

All these niggles should be looked at positively as the rewards for such come in the shape of different loan vehicles. My last was a 718 PDK boxster for 4 days and 9 different types of Porsche before that..

Niggles bring them on
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.