Post by Wing Commander »

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

All of this talk of GoPro. By coincidence, I saw a two minute video today (Porsche YouTube channel I think) featuring the founder of GoPro in a promotion of the new Panamera. A nice Sapphire 4S.

( best colour for a Panamera.... )

Thought you'd approve, Paul. Sapphire was my first inclination, then Volcano, until I got entranced by the allure of #TeamRed
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

The only thing I have is the parking sensors - total nightmare.

They go off at junctions as I try to pull out, on some cars as they go by but not others. In stationary traffic they start beeping and stop although neither I or the following traffic has moved.

I have come to ignore them as they start beeping the minute I get on the drive resulting in me reversing into the garage door (whilst very tired) and my wife reversing into a massive concrete ball at the gym.

They are ridiculously sensitive and erratic - being looked at whilst the car is in next week but all they can think of is the front number plate is not properly secured which does not explain it.

Shyate...

S

After I changed the number plate, my front sensors went off in random situations - while braking hard, and on bumpy roads. Both ends of the front plate were not tight against the plate surround, and could move a little. I removed the front plate and added some sticky pads at each end, problem solved.
Bigboyrolo2017-02-19 11:36:22
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Get your PCM software updated.
Clean your sensors (to eliminate that as a cause)
Sensors fire if you are going very slowly and obstacles are close by. You don't have to be in reverse gear.
Most of other things sound problematic, but all together probably seem worse.

This forum is full of people reporting problems and mostly getting them resolved. Do some searching to see if there any close matches.

Good luck!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
marcusjames

Post by marcusjames »

As an update, my loose seat base was replaced by OPC back in April. Within 30 days it was loose again. Now I have to wait until mid-August for a courtesy car.

I managed to record the phone issues on a Go-Pro (thanks for that advice) and now the OPC believes me! They don't know how to fix it though.

Lastly, the gearbox continues to play up. Today I experienced some road rage. I stopped to let another car through a gap. He kindly flashed for me to go first, but my car didn't respond to the throttle input. It was just a matter of seconds but long enough for him to assume I wasn't going to come through. He drove through just as my Macan lunged forward. I assume he thought I was playing games and became quite vocal. This is just one example of how the car's hesitation surely can't be normal. I've realised that it only happens when warm. The cold hesitation persists but this feels more like clutch slips, and quickly goes away.

I must say, the Macan is not meeting my expectations of Porsche ownership!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Cannot say that I have ever had any throttle hesitation issues in either of my Macan diesels , now coming up to 18,000 miles in Macan 2 . The only annoying aspect is that sometimes the hill hold will momentarily come on just as I press the throttle pedal to set off even though there is very little uphill gradient.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Is it the gearbox? Or the transfer box? Lots of people have had transfer box issues.
Paul

Post by Paul »

With my first SD (and to a lesser extent with my GTS) pulling away from " rest" often happens in 2nd gear which might explain the slight delay in getting the car moving.
First seems to be selected only when the car is absolutely stationary (or if you are in sport / sport +)
However, as above, the earlier cars did suffer from transfer box issues. Did a PDK reset make any difference?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
marcusjames

Post by marcusjames »

Latest update.

The car went back in last week for the loose seat base to be replaced (again!) and the bluetooth and transmission issues to be investigated (again!).

Collected the car today to be told that Porsche is clueless with regards the phone. The seat has been replaced though. However, the biggest surprise is they have replaced my transfer box. Eight months of telling me that the car was faultless and "they all do that sir", they have finally accepted that it had an issue.

The car now drives how it should. It's an absolute joy in traffic. Eight months of unnecessary pain and frustration.

I'm waiting for OPC to comment.
JonNic

Post by JonNic »

Sim_Nugget wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm The only thing I have is the parking sensors - total nightmare.

They go off at junctions as I try to pull out, on some cars as they go by but not others. In stationary traffic they start beeping and stop although neither I or the following traffic has moved.

I have come to ignore them as they start beeping the minute I get on the drive resulting in me reversing into the garage door (whilst very tired) and my wife reversing into a massive concrete ball at the gym.

They are ridiculously sensitive and erratic - being looked at whilst the car is in next week but all they can think of is the front number plate is not properly secured which does not explain it.

Shyate...

S
I had a nightmare with my parking sensors, OPC was great to be fair. They tried everything.

Turned out to be the fact I had an aluminium number plate. They changed it to a plastic one and problem solved! Might be worth a check.
Final code : www.porsche-code.com/PHE4JHQ0