Launch Control only with Sport Chrono?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Sport plus only comes with sports chrono.

No. You can get Sport Plus from Tequipment. I did.

LC is only active with Sport Plus active.
It wasn't there before I had it 'installed'.

(and by installed, I mean the fiddled with the software and added a button - the capability was there all along, of course)

Update after reading all the misinformation above: Flooring the throttle from braked standstill is gong to be fairly quick, but it's not the programmed LC unless it's enabled in the software and Sport+ enabled (caveat, my Turbo is from 2014, Sport+ from about 2 months ago).

Doing LC properly means priming the clutches, building the boost, setting optimal shift points and TCS settings.

Any contrary to some posts, too much steering angle will effectively disable it, but it'll certainly be fun :)

goron592015-11-28 23:00:06
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Just being pedantic but, once you have Sport Plus installed on the car, LC can be activated in either Sport or Sport Plus modes (according to the manual). Not that there'd be much point in LC while in Sport mode but ...
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Just being pedantic but, once you have Sport Plus installed on the car, LC can be activated in either Sport or Sport Plus modes (according to the manual). Not that there'd be much point in LC while in Sport mode but ...

Well, LC is a whole different mode altogether. Didn't think it was available with just Sport though (tried it today and it didn't happen).
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Thinking outside the box
Would it not be better to forget the Sports Crono option and get an aftermarket chip.
550 Euros gets a 3.0D to produce 326 BHP and +130Nm torque
or 1500 Euros for the 3.0 S petrol and 409bhp +80Nm torque
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
LVision

Post by LVision »

Interested in the S Petrol upgrade, who from and where ? Many thanks
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Well, LC is a whole different mode altogether. Didn't think it was available with just Sport though (tried it today and it didn't happen).

My understanding is that you need the Sports Plus button but LC is activated when pressing brake and throttle in either Sport or Sport Plus mode. So you need the option. I will try it in Sport mode if I get a chance. It could always be an error in the manual.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
goron59

Post by goron59 »

My understanding is that you need the Sports Plus button but LC is activated when pressing brake and throttle in either Sport or Sport Plus mode. So you need the option. I will try it in Sport mode if I get a chance. It could always be an error in the manual.

Could be. I tried today with all 3 modes, and only succeeded in Sport+... OTOH, I've had it fail in Sport+ in the past too. Maybe need to be be more assertive.

On some other cars I've tried, if you don't push the brake hard enough, it doesn't engage LC mode, so just engages the clutch and brake at the same time with the results you might expect :)

DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

I haven't got sport plus, but I have managed to LC a few times, but not always. When I try to show off to a passenger, it has never worked. Don't know why it isn't consistent...
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

A small LC is to stop with hold showing in green and punch the throttle when you want to take off... otherwise there may be damage(clutch slip etc) going on
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

Yeah I can tell immediately that it's not engaged, doesn't rev. I'll look for the green hold in future. Thanks Jon
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59