Launch Control only with Sport Chrono?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
steve_acp

Post by steve_acp »

OK Launchers, I have been out on a nearby airfield and done 2 identical runs in a Macan Diesel S with NO Sport Chrono. I have the stats from an APP on the iPhone 6 plus, details in the web links below.

I followed procedure in my earlier post, here again for the record.
1. Oil up to temp... over 90 deg to be sure
2. Push sport button
3. Steering wheel straight ahead (not just for safety, system will not work if not straight)
4. Foot hard on brake
5. Full throttle
6. Revs rise immediately to about 3200 with NO clutch drag, if not, stop immediately, check above process.
7. Release brake
8. BOOM

Here is what it looks like on the dash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjSNO2FKD8

Stats from Launch run... 6.04 secs to 62
Stats from normal run... 6.44 secs to 62

Now, if anyone would like to repeat with a SC, I can't wait to see how much faster it is Wink

Cant wait to try when the GTS comes... that will have SC by the way... purely for resale value of course Smile

Here is the link to the APP
http://www.perfexpert-app.com/?utm_source=perfexpert&utm_medium=Navbar%20Network&utm_campaign=PerfExpert%20Mobile%20App

Enjoy!

steve_acp2016-06-16 18:19:15
Current Macan Diesel S Jet Black / Spiders
GTS due mid July
www.porsche-code.com/PHUAEN92

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Cheers Steve
Great info, many thanks.
Can I ask which App you used for the stats?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
steve_acp

Post by steve_acp »

There is a link at the bottom of the post. There are many apps, this one is the best.
GTS due mid July
Colonel Klink

Post by Colonel Klink »

Steve, I hear what you're saying mate, and I dare say that maybe you're right and Sports Chrono is just a money making scam.......I'm paying the extra for the proper kit (chrono), and if Porsche have ripped me off, then good luck to them.

Personally, I think your version is a poor mans Sports Chrono (I could be wrong, as usual...goron will vouch for that)...........but I would say that after paying the extra dosh LOL

Cheers for the vid/info and all the best!
Dealer buggered up my SD order. Ended up with a 2009 997.2 C4S....Now life is just one big orgasm.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Colonel,

SC is not just the stopwatch.

Its the Sports plus function, its the Porsche button.

Push it and your SD will become a fire breathing dragon
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Colonel Klink

Post by Colonel Klink »

I know Col, and you're correct.....as I said earlier, prob only try it once and then say feck that!
Dealer buggered up my SD order. Ended up with a 2009 997.2 C4S....Now life is just one big orgasm.
steve_acp

Post by steve_acp »

Haha you're right, It is poor mans SC, I ran out of budget, and copped out with the compass. I first read about the launch in this very thread just as I bought the car, I couldn't wait to run it in so I could try it. It is definitely a launch, it usually scares the crap out of people on the rare occasions I have demoed it.

I have ordered SC on my GTS so now I will be legit:-)

If anyone has a diesel with Sc, I would love to see a video comparison with the real thing.

Happy launching!
GTS due mid July
goron59

Post by goron59 »

One thing about proper LC is that it only takes a second to initiate and launch once you get the hang of it.

But then you'd be a bit of a twat.

As has been said soooooo many times elsewhere, SC is sooooo much more than LC.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Thanks for that Steve

Working on the basis of your 6.04 to 62 that would indicate that the SD will actually do 0-62 in around 5.8 seconds. Looks like Porsche have been a little conservative with their claimed 0-62 times, I'll have to try that out for myself.Approve
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks for that Steve

Working on the basis of your 6.04 to 62 that would indicate that the SD will actually do 0-62 in around 5.8 seconds. Looks like Porsche have been a little conservative with their claimed 0-62 times, I'll have to try that out for myself.Approve
Think it was What Car in one of their early tests v an SQ5 that measured/reported the SD as 5.9 secs to 60.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D