Memory seats losing memory

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Has anyone had issues with the standard keys losing the memory function after being set and used for a few times?

My wife's key has been set with the memory function in line with the Porsche handbook, I have also set my key the same way, after my wife or myself drive the car several times, leave the car and lock it. The car loses the memory and the seat does not return to any of our preferred seat arrangement that were stored on each key separately . My wife is finding this very frustrating even when she uses her own key to unlock the door.

Any help welcome?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLKU4L5

Paul

Post by Paul »

Had the same brief worry over the weekend when we both drove.
I found that we had to completely lock the car, unlock with the other key, and then leave the driver's door open for a bit while the seat fully adjusted. But, the key memory worked.
Just check in your wife's key settings that you have the correct comfort setting ticked(or not ticked, I can't recall ) ; just because your key is currently set up doesn't follow that hers is.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I seem to remember having the same problem when I first got my Cayenne. In the end, I turned off the automatic storage feature and just used buttons 1 and 2 on the door (my wife and I are the only drivers). I did the same with the Macan as soon as I took delivery. Mind you, we've now adopted a system of only using one key and keeping the other securely locked away as a spare.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I find using the memory buttons the only reliable option too. Even when I'm the only one using the car, the seat often doesn't return to my position so just press and hold 1 until back in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Wife uses the key, I use button 1. No problems here to report. Spare key kept somewhere safe.
Macan S D
718 S
pjf749

Post by pjf749 »

My GTS has lost all memory capability for seats -keys or buttons. Seems having spoken to OPC its a visit to them which for me is minimum of 60 miles!
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

So far so good for us. We have our own keys and I've changed my settings many times. Every time I change my key settings I also set button 2 ( button 1 is for my Mrs). Both key and button still work fine. So given the problem doesn't affect all users it might be worth chatting with your OPC.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
happy days

Post by happy days »

As an aside note, we have recently experienced an issue whereby the heating and ventilation system on our car doesn't return to the settings it previously had. It now defaults to non-sync, non auto, AC on, and blower on about half speed. Not sure if this is memory related or not, but it's a pain when hopping in and out of the car when out shopping, having to reset the system all the time. Any ideas?
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

happy days wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 am As an aside note, we have recently experienced an issue whereby the heating and ventilation system on our car doesn't return to the settings it previously had. It now defaults to non-sync, non auto, AC on, and blower on about half speed. Not sure if this is memory related or not, but it's a pain when hopping in and out of the car when out shopping, having to reset the system all the time. Any ideas?
Comfort memory not set properly or re-set inadvertantly. Check the right box is ticked in the comfort settings and re-set to the key (maybe you've picked up the spare key in error?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
happy days

Post by happy days »

Paul wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:39 pm
happy days wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 am As an aside note, we have recently experienced an issue whereby the heating and ventilation system on our car doesn't return to the settings it previously had. It now defaults to non-sync, non auto, AC on, and blower on about half speed. Not sure if this is memory related or not, but it's a pain when hopping in and out of the car when out shopping, having to reset the system all the time. Any ideas?
Comfort memory not set properly or re-set inadvertantly. Check the right box is ticked in the comfort settings and re-set to the key (maybe you've picked up the spare key in error?)
Nope we only use one key for each car. The spares are tucked away safely. It just started happening - wife wouldn't have a clue how to check or uncheck settings and I didn't do it! Honest guv!
Macan S D
718 S