SD engine temperature

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

I notice the engine water temperature on a journey remains steady at 90 degrees C. The engine oil temperature fluctuates from about 90 to 114 degrees C with a hot engine, again on a longer journey. This is something I had not noticed before the car went in to Porsche dealer for a software update although maybe I just did not see it before. Also after the update I noticed (once) the cooling fan running on after stopping (after a short run in cool Scottish weather).

I know the fan is designed to do this but again I had never heard the fan come on before the software update.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

I have never seen the water temp stray from 90c once on temp. Oil does fluctuate in the various modes and between modes. Oil runs hottest in Comfort mode and tends to be cooled more in S and S+. I do hear the fan come on (in the summer) after an engine stop. Hope this tallies with what you've experienced
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
John_M

Post by John_M »

There is a tendency in modern cars, if they have a coolant temperature display, to show the temperate as it rises then show it steady unless it is over heating - stops people complaining to garage
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

Thanks for your replies guys.