PCM music sort order

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Not sure if I have missed a setting or it just isn't possible but how can you change the sort order of the music which is on the SD card?
It's all in album name order and want it to be artist name order which seems more sensible.....

Any advice appreciated. I have (or think I have) gone through every option with no success πŸ™„
GTS πŸ˜€

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Anyone with any ideas. I just can't believe there is no option to change the sort order of the music...
I can do it on any car or device... I hope I am being really silly and missing the option but for the life of me I can't find it...😩
GTS πŸ˜€
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Ah, I was going to reply to this but forgot.
No, the browser thing is always by "Album" alphabetically.
If you want to see an alphabetic list of Artists, then you have to push the Search button, then Artist (or other things).
You can also push the Browse button, which on my SDs have the directory structure by Artist then Album.

This is the main reason why I use CarPlay and play stuff from my iPhone.
SD card is only now for HD FLAC stuff and a few backup tunes in case I don't have my phone with me.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Actually, not the main reason, but one of the many little reasons.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

With the PCM showing the Album covers simply press Browse and it then goes from displaying by album title to displaying alphabetically by Artist.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Totally different response.

Whilst I have a PC the software I use by choice for the Macan is iTunes.

I generate my own Playlists and then export them out of iTunes in M3U format and then place this file in the root of the Music folder of the SD card

If you want to be more selective about what you put on an SD card you can also copy all the music folders to the SD card which the Playlist file will use to play the music, just put the M3U Playlist files in the root of the SD card.

I have 32Gb+ of music on one SD card and 100 playlists in one slot and in the other I have the downloaded radio shows that I like Sounds of the 60s, Paul Jones RnB, Clare Teals Jazz/Swing etc

I did post quite a long post on Macan audio which includes a more detail how to guide.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm With the PCM showing the Album covers simply press Browse and it then goes from displaying by album title to displaying alphabetically by Artist.
This only works if you've arranged them that way in the Jukebox/SD - see what I posted above.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thanks guys and will try that. At least it was not me going mad and the workaround is good enough.
Much appreciated πŸ‘

All my music is sorted by artist name and then album name and then tracks and very well organised and tagged.
I already use playlists which work perfectly too πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:03 pm Thanks guys and will try that. At least it was not me going mad and the workaround is good enough.
Much appreciated πŸ‘

All my music is sorted by artist name and then album name and then tracks and very well organised and tagged.
I already use playlists which work perfectly too πŸ‘
Thats as good as it gets.

If you have not tried it get iTunes to make a Genius Playlist based on one song, it does come up with some interesting eclectic songs.
Col
Macan Turbo