Various Issues @ 10k

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

Had LF66 for nearly a year now, and as the clock ticks past 10k I have loved every mile of this incredible & amazingly accomplished car. HOWEVER...a few niggling issues that threaten to blemish my opinion of Macan ownership!!

1. A rattle/buzz, almost like a blown speaker sound, that seems to be coming from inside the speaker that emits the "bonging" noises (sorry for the lack of technical terminology), and also when certain revs are achieved in the car whilst driving. Any ideas as to what this could be?

2. Brake problems (or computer glitch). The day before taking myself and 3 chums to Glastonbury (co-incidentally the hottest day of the year so far in the SE) red warning pops up in traffic "brake levels - pull over when safe" or something similar. Pulled over and rang Porsche Assist. AA arrived in 10 minutes and couldn't fix the issue (brake lines and fluid absolutely fine but advised by Porsche over the phone that the car should be towed). Very disappointed to see it being taken away to a "lock up" whilst various Porsche service centres decided what to do, see below...

3. Porsche Assist. Porsche Centre West London were utterly useless and totally unhelpful, refused to take my broken down Macan in as "fully booked". Car had to be kept overnight in some n. London lock up and then transferred the next morning to Porsche Centre Guildford. They then rang me 4 days later to say they 'think' they had sorted the issue. All elements of Porsche Assist are outsourced, AA covers the breakdown, enterprise covers the replacement cars. Enterprise tried to offer me an insignia (politely told to f*ck off as needed car similar size or bigger to transport said mates to Glastonbury). Whole system needs looking at, as totally unimpressed with the Porsche Assist offering. Even had to ring Porsche GB Head office, they admitted they couldn't do anything. In the end it took me ringing the poor lad at my local enterprise (who incidentally provided fantastic customer service from that point) and found me a Land Cruiser after there were no 4x4s available in the whole of the SE of England. He really delivered for me an hour due before leaving for the festival!! Porsche utterly useless on this front. I remember the sales guy saying, "anywhere in the world we will get your Porsche replaced like for like"...utter b*llocks.

4. See photos below, what looks like exposed wiring near the exhaust system...is this normal?! Does anybody else have this? This worries me, shouldn't the wires at least be sheathed? I've also thrown in a photo of the car being towed for good measure!

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9276.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6LRZE7

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery

Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

Also I thought of point 5: Car Connect has not worked for 2 months. Refuses to connect. Fully functioning and data loaded SIM card inside so not that to blame...

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Exposed wiring is normal. Same on both my Macans and was same on my Boxster. Seems odd to have wiring that is exposed to the elements though and certainly does not look like premium engineering.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm Exposed wiring is normal. Same on both my Macans and was same on my Boxster. Seems odd to have wiring that is exposed to the elements though and certainly does not look like premium engineering.
I have recently noticed that looking underneath and under wing arches - completely agree with you no idea how they think it is OK but I suppose it has passed all the endurance testing :shock:

As can be seen from the picture it is also mechanically vulnerable on an SUV, whatever the exhaust has been over could have taken it out :roll:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Agree, disappointing Pagasus85
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Pegasus. Although the remaining tread depth is very good on the rear near side tyre it looks like the inner shoulder is showing signs of abnormal wear. Might be worth just having a close look.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm Exposed wiring is normal. Same on both my Macans and was same on my Boxster. Seems odd to have wiring that is exposed to the elements though and certainly does not look like premium engineering.
I noticed that on my S some time ago, and was initially a little taken aback. However, as specified wading depth is up to 300mm I reasoned that the wiring is probably more robust than it appears.
Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm Pegasus. Although the remaining tread depth is very good on the rear near side tyre it looks like the inner shoulder is showing signs of abnormal wear. Might be worth just having a close look.
Cheers Mark - Will take a closer look for sure, although the tyres had just been over my mum and dads drive which is gravel, and could be the dust from that making it look worse than it is?!

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Pegasus85 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:20 am
mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm Pegasus. Although the remaining tread depth is very good on the rear near side tyre it looks like the inner shoulder is showing signs of abnormal wear. Might be worth just having a close look.
Cheers Mark - Will take a closer look for sure, although the tyres had just been over my mum and dads drive which is gravel, and could be the dust from that making it look worse than it is?!
Yes it could just be the gravel dust making the tyre look worn on the inner shoulder.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

A lot of the modern John Deere wiring is similar and we haven't had many problems. It's stronger than it looks.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab