PCM App configuration

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

I have configured my own news sites on the Porsche Connect Portal which clearly shows it is paired with the vehicle but the configured sites are not visible in the app on the car.
I have phoned the help line several times and they cant explain...
Anybody else had this problem and have a solution?

goron59

Post by goron59 »

"Configured sites" - what do you mean?
Provide steps needed to reproduce your problem.
Will save everyone guessing :-)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

I have connect + and some of the apps on the PCM such as news, twitter and POI can be customised or configured to suit personal preference.
This is done remotely from the Porsche PCM Connect portal website (Not to be confused with Car Connect) on a computer or laptop.
You have to register on the Portal and put a pairing code in to connect with your car.
I only found out and got the log in/pairing information from the Porsche connect helpline (tel. 0808 168 5219)
Once you are logged in there is a menu where you can view and configure the relevant Apps on the car.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I think I know what you mean. I have configured my news for BBC sport, FT etc. When I go the news app in the car, I don't see apps for those sites, i see an RSS style feed of news headlines from each of those news sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Yes Hawkeye, I am trying to configure BBC Sport, Sky news, local news etc but the only thing coming up on the car News App are the default factory set ones.
When configuring on the portal, I search the BBC Sport, say, and the RSS feed comes up and I click on it to add to the portal. This happens but is not transferring to the car to view the feeds on the PCM.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

It should be as simple as clicking on + and then searching for the news channel. I just did this for Bloomberg and added it and it shows that I now have 9 rather than 8 news channels selected. Next time I go in the car, it will just be there. I have never done more than this and all of mine show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

I am doing exactly as you but mine is not showing on the car.
I will have to get OPC to check it out as the Porsche helpline are no use at all.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Ah, RSS feeds. Not all appear (there are a number of types of syndicated feeds[1]). It's fussy about the URL you give it.
Also, it won't appear in the car unless you have a data connection (so they don't appear in mine until I get out of the garage, so it's a bit annoying).

If you were talking about list POIs, then you have to go into the software update section and look for "navigation updates."

[1] But the BBC ones, like http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline ... uk/rss.xml do work fine.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Yes Goron, I am using the right feeds and have data connection but nothing coming through on the car PCM... :(
goron59

Post by goron59 »

A puzzle indeed then!