Passenger window one-touch operation failed

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
connorb77

Post by connorb77 »

Hi, I've had a look for the answer for this but I can't find one.
My passenger window no longer opens/closes with one push/pull of the window switch. I tried to reset it by holding the switch fully down for 10 seconds then fully up for 10 seconds but no luck.
Does any one else know how to reset this?

Thanks Connor

Guy

Post by Guy »

A similar problem on the US forum here was resolved: http://www.macanforum.com/forum/complai ... rking.html
Pete

Post by Pete »

Obvious questions:

* Is the switch broken?
* Are there any whirring sounds from the motor?
* Does the window raise and lower from the driver's side control panel? (do both switches fail, in other words)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

From the manual which can create the scenario. Check to make sure thee is nothign blocking the window. Once it is up and closed push and hold the button again to close it.

If a window is blocked during closing, it will stop and open again by several inches.
If the window is blocked a second time within approx. 10 seconds, one-touch operation is disabled for this window.
The window can be closed manually. The window then closes with its full closing force.
One-touch operation is enabled again once the window has been completely closed manually, or after 10 seconds if the switch is not actuated again
GTS 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

As Kas says, raise the window fully by holding the switch up, release the switch and then pull up to raise again.....this should re-set it.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
connorb77

Post by connorb77 »

Hi Guy, I've just looked at the link and it works :-) massive thank you :-)
I love this forum!

Connor
Guy

Post by Guy »

connorb77 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 pm Hi Guy, I've just looked at the link and it works :-) massive thank you :-)
I love this forum!

Connor
No problem - glad to help and thanks for letting us know the outcome!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Here's an issue and a solution from the archives. On Saturday morning my driver'js window started "bouncing back". Bloody ideal when you have an appointment with WBAC on the Monday morning, although they didn't test it in the event. Tried the process from the manual, down loaded from the above US link, umpteen times and it wouldn't play, gave up frustrated on Sunday night. Monday morning, tried again, following instructions to the letter, nowt, then after trying more repeated, impatient flicks of the switch with window closed and open, PRESTO success! Can't be definitive with the winning formula, but if it happens to you, it's fixable, just persevere. :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP