A question for the Aussie forum members

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

G'day Aussies,

My wife and I are considering a move to Australia and would like to take our Macan with us. There's a requirement for vehicles imported into Australia to have child restraint anchor points. Would it be possible for one of the Aussies on the forum to post a photo of the child restraint anchor points in your Macan so we can work out whether our car has them?

Many thanks...
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Macandriver wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 pm G'day Aussies,

My wife and I are considering a move to Australia and would like to take our Macan with us. There's a requirement for vehicles imported into Australia to have child restraint anchor points. Would it be possible for one of the Aussies on the forum to post a photo of the child restraint anchor points in your Macan so we can work out whether our car has them?

No answer to the question ......... :?

Is it worthwhile shipping a car to Australia (rather than buying a similar car there)? Do you know the shipping costs approx.??

Thanks.
Paul

Post by Paul »

No definite answer, but I always thought isofix were the international standard (as in ISO...)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

ISOfix is an international standard but the Aussie requirement is more stringent. I believe the anchor points bolt the child restraints to the car.
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

Unfortunately my Macan has gone but tomorrow I'll ask our dealer if they are aware of any extra Aus. requirements. PM me if you need any other local kno
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD
macan.fan

Post by macan.fan »

I can take a photo for you but just not near the car right now. They have the standard ISOFIX points at the bottom of each seat base where it meets the seat back (near the seat belt points). There is an additional point on the back of each seat as Australian regulations require a tether to the top of the seat. I'm not sure if the regulations would require this when importing a car... They look like this (and there is some info around this in the corresponding article):

http://www.caradvice.com.au/435443/isof ... -answered/
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Thanks Macan.fan. Much appreciated. :D

The UK version has the ISOfix points in the back of the seat so hopefully we'll be fine. My wife seems to think we need some kind of bolt, and we had to fix a car seat to a bolt in a rental car over there about 7 years ago. Based on your post, it looks like things have moved on and we'll be OK. Just have to get the speedometer switched to kms and Aussie maps on the PCM.... and pay shed loads of tax! :o
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Macandriver wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 am Thanks Macan.fan. Much appreciated. :D

The UK version has the ISOfix points in the back of the seat so hopefully we'll be fine. My wife seems to think we need some kind of bolt, and we had to fix a car seat to a bolt in a rental car over there about 7 years ago. Based on your post, it looks like things have moved on and we'll be OK. Just have to get the speedometer switched to kms and Aussie maps on the PCM.... and pay shed loads of tax! :o
Sounds like Isofix is fine but how do you change over to kms? That must mean a change of speedo face? If so, I'd be interested to know how easy that is. If you have it done in the UK and have the time I would like to know the details, thanks in advance.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Pete

Post by Pete »

Tippex over the letter 'k' and you end up with mph. Simple enough and very fuel efficient too.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Isn't the digital speedometer changeable from MPH to KPH?
Macan S D
718 S