DPF - NO PROBLEMS

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Pete

Post by Pete »

No problems here. I expect there are some problems with the DPF for some cars, but then again there's all kinds of odd things happen with the odd car - they're not all exactly the same down to the nth micron.

stitcher

Post by stitcher »

Just joined the Forum after searching for Macan Diesel DPF issues . We bought our new Macan S in December 16 and the car has now covered 7000miles . Its my wifes car and has now been recovered 4 times back to the dealer with DPF issues and we are at the end of our tether with this car . I've complained to the OPC , Porsche Customer services and so far made no progress , it all seems to be our fault ! First visit was , you're using the wrong fuel , changed to premium Diesel , another month passed and car again into limp mode . This time and everytime since being told my wife is doing too many short journeys but salesman was well aware when we purchased that car was for my wife and mostly town driving , no recommendation to buy Petrol , her previous car was Audi SQ5 , 2 years ownership without a fault ! On my last visit it was suggested that I should use another car for the short journeys , I have a 911 Carrera 4S and sorry its not the best car for school runs . Currently trying to negotiate my way into a GTS , offered me full purchase price refund against a GTS in June but we went on holiday for 6 weeks and on return our salesman and sales manager have departed the dealership and new manager not so keen to honour the deal .
On last 2 occasions the DPF alarm has activated and without even getting the opportunity to give it the 20 min run at 2000revs the car has gone into limp mode within 3 mins of alarm activating .
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

There have been others on here with similar issues and a couple of examples of OPCs being very helpful in transitioning customers into petrol variants.

It seems to be a complete lottery. Our SD approaching 1 year old with 6,000 miles on the clock. 4,500 of those have been covered on two European road trips. Rest are made up of many small journeys around London. Fortunately no issues ...... yet!

Hope you get a resolution soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

stitcher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm Just joined the Forum after searching for Macan Diesel DPF issues . We bought our new Macan S in December 16 and the car has now covered 7000miles . Its my wifes car and has now been recovered 4 times back to the dealer with DPF issues and we are at the end of our tether with this car . I've complained to the OPC , Porsche Customer services and so far made no progress , it all seems to be our fault ! First visit was , you're using the wrong fuel , changed to premium Diesel , another month passed and car again into limp mode . This time and everytime since being told my wife is doing too many short journeys but salesman was well aware when we purchased that car was for my wife and mostly town driving , no recommendation to buy Petrol , her previous car was Audi SQ5 , 2 years ownership without a fault ! On my last visit it was suggested that I should use another car for the short journeys , I have a 911 Carrera 4S and sorry its not the best car for school runs . Currently trying to negotiate my way into a GTS , offered me full purchase price refund against a GTS in June but we went on holiday for 6 weeks and on return our salesman and sales manager have departed the dealership and new manager not so keen to honour the deal .
On last 2 occasions the DPF alarm has activated and without even getting the opportunity to give it the 20 min run at 2000revs the car has gone into limp mode within 3 mins of alarm activating .
Your experience seems to be one of the worst DPF issues that have been reported on this forum. Like you I do mainly short town journeys with a regularish quick M way run at weekends. Never had any issues with first Macan diesel ( May 2014 to May 2015 ) and equally never had any issues with second Macan in the 2 years to June 2017 until DME software upgrade in June but at least since then only had the dpf warning about once a month which soon goes away with a short spirited run. Never had limp mode. Your car is clearly not fit for the intended purpose and really the Porsche dealership ought to honour their offer to get you into a GTS.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
mschaffl

Post by mschaffl »

MY 17 (new ecu software), 10.000 MILES , no problems

i love the diesel engine, all that plan to buy the diesel: just ignore those dooming that great machine
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

mschaffl wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:52 pm MY 17 (new ecu software), 10.000 MILES , no problems

i love the diesel engine, all that plan to buy the diesel: just ignore those dooming that great machine
Agree. The Diesel engine is very smooth and powerful . Just hope that Porsche do not bugger it up with software upgrades.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Spud

Post by Spud »

stitcher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm Just joined the Forum after searching for Macan Diesel DPF issues . We bought our new Macan S in December 16 and the car has now covered 7000miles . Its my wifes car and has now been recovered 4 times back to the dealer with DPF issues and we are at the end of our tether with this car . I've complained to the OPC , Porsche Customer services and so far made no progress , it all seems to be our fault ! First visit was , you're using the wrong fuel , changed to premium Diesel , another month passed and car again into limp mode . This time and everytime since being told my wife is doing too many short journeys but salesman was well aware when we purchased that car was for my wife and mostly town driving , no recommendation to buy Petrol , her previous car was Audi SQ5 , 2 years ownership without a fault ! On my last visit it was suggested that I should use another car for the short journeys , I have a 911 Carrera 4S and sorry its not the best car for school runs . Currently trying to negotiate my way into a GTS , offered me full purchase price refund against a GTS in June but we went on holiday for 6 weeks and on return our salesman and sales manager have departed the dealership and new manager not so keen to honour the deal .
That's terrible to hear, repeating myself but I've had 3 Macan's, the first two petrol, I had problems with Macan 1 and it was exchanged for Macan 2 with full invoice price given toward Macan 2, currently running an SD having covered 10,000 miles no DPF problems (Sep 16 model), not sure if its had the software update, only ever had problems with DPF on XF,s and that was covering short journeys, so what you have been told about short journeys stacks up, what is not acceptable to me is that you made the OPC aware of the vehicle use and they should of, in my opinion, highlighted potential problems, then it would have been your decision, the OPC should honour their original offer despite staff changes at the end of the day the GTS is probably going to cost more than the SD, I would keep at them as I am sure they don't want an unhappy client, good luck with it
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
stitcher

Post by stitcher »

Thanks for your responses folks , firstly I'm not dooming the Diesel and hope I never suggested that , when its running the car is fantastic and believe me if I didn't have to change the car for the reasons stated I'd be keeping it . It makes no sense to change it as 1) it was going to cost about 9K extra to get into the GTS and 2nd we are now stuck with the new road tax robbery that didn't apply to our December car but will apply to the new one .

I'm being pushed for pillar to post . Had a meeting with the new Sales Manager and the Dealer Principal 2 weeks ago , they told me they'll do what they can but I need to raise with Porsche Uk . I did this this and Porsche UKs response was that the issue was for the dealer to resolve and not Porsche . If need be the Dealer can contact us ( Porsche Uk) if support is required but this shouldn't involve the customer ie) me !

If it helps others what I did notice was on the last 2 occasions when the DPF alarmed and it went straight into limp mode without allowing me to perform any high rev run the fuel tank was below 1/4 tank . I read online that this can abort the DPF clean but when I mentioned this to the OPC technical team I was told it wasn't a cause of the issue.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

stitcher wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:42 am Thanks for your responses folks , firstly I'm not dooming the Diesel and hope I never suggested that , when its running the car is fantastic and believe me if I didn't have to change the car for the reasons stated I'd be keeping it . It makes no sense to change it as 1) it was going to cost about 9K extra to get into the GTS and 2nd we are now stuck with the new road tax robbery that didn't apply to our December car but will apply to the new one .

I'm being pushed for pillar to post . Had a meeting with the new Sales Manager and the Dealer Principal 2 weeks ago , they told me they'll do what they can but I need to raise with Porsche Uk . I did this this and Porsche UKs response was that the issue was for the dealer to resolve and not Porsche . If need be the Dealer can contact us ( Porsche Uk) if support is required but this shouldn't involve the customer ie) me !

If it helps others what I did notice was on the last 2 occasions when the DPF alarmed and it went straight into limp mode without allowing me to perform any high rev run the fuel tank was below 1/4 tank . I read online that this can abort the DPF clean but when I mentioned this to the OPC technical team I was told it wasn't a cause of the issue.
Even if you only have a 1/4 tank full the limp home should not come on straight away.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
stitcher

Post by stitcher »

Fully agree Mark , but unfortunately there seems to be no discussion with these OPC guys , they've a script made up and they are sticking to it , too many short runs , change the use of the car or change your car , what an ultimatum to be given .
What really wound me up this time when I collected the car was that I asked what Porsche Technical had said and they admitted they hadn't told them on this occasion as it was obvious what the issue was !