DPF - NO PROBLEMS

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

This may be a dangerous thing to post ( warning light next week!!) but I would like to think that the majority of diesel Macans have NOT had a DPF problem.

I have had my Macan for approx. 2 1/2 years and have done 19,000 miles. The software update was done (last year??) and have had no problems to date. Am I the only one with no problems?

Paul

Post by Paul »

No longer own it but my '15 plate did 9000 miles in 9 months without missing a beat (admittedly on the " old" software)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

No problems on mine at 11000 miles, but first service is tomorrow. Was planning to tell them NOT to update software, but let's see how many positive replies you get! ;)
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Just gone over 6000 miles in mine in 10 months. No problems to date. One question I have is that if my car arrived in Oct 16, does it even need a software update? At what point did they start arriving with the 'correct' software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Meant to say - I have never used supermarket fuel in the Macan. I have used supermarket fuel in previous petrol cars (difficult to refuse 20p off per litre :D ) but don't really drive past any supermarkets at present. My "local" stations are Shell and BP.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Only used premium diesel in mine too. No supermarket fuel.

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

6 months and 6000 miles with zero DPF issues in my SD.

Zero issues all round with that car except for the klunky load MP3 files onto the Jukebox.

11 months with the Turbo and zero mechanical or engine control issues (just the odd PCM bugs)
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

P o

M

johnd

Post by johnd »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am ...but I would like to think that the majority of diesel Macans have NOT had a DPF problem.
What constitutes a DPF problem? In ca 14K miles (including maybe 5K post firmware update) I've had one DPF warning, which resolved fairly promptly after a suitable drive in manual mode. Would you count that as a problem or not?

Most of the car's diet is discount diesel (not too much actual supermarket because it's not so convenient for me, but eg successors to Jet - something called Applegreen is my local one) and it's a mixture of local journeys, 5-6 mile commutes and longer A/B-road journeys in the main. It's entirely possible (though I don't remember in detail) that the one DPF warning I did see was when - as it happened - I hadn't been on a longer journey for a few weeks.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

johnd wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am ...but I would like to think that the majority of diesel Macans have NOT had a DPF problem.
What constitutes a DPF problem? In ca 14K miles (including maybe 5K post firmware update) I've had one DPF warning, which resolved fairly promptly after a suitable drive in manual mode. Would you count that as a problem or not?

Most of the car's diet is discount diesel (not too much actual supermarket because it's not so convenient for me, but eg successors to Jet - something called Applegreen is my local one) and it's a mixture of local journeys, 5-6 mile commutes and longer A/B-road journeys in the main. It's entirely possible (though I don't remember in detail) that the one DPF warning I did see was when - as it happened - I hadn't been on a longer journey for a few weeks.
That is probably not a "problem" - just the way the car is meant to work - a DPF warning that you can "drive to fix".

I think it may be helpful for all Macan diesel owners to get such info from us.