DPF - NO PROBLEMS

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Paul

Post by Paul »

Guy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 am
Guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:08 pm Could probably do the same with this, and retain your own data: https://www.amazon.co.uk/iLC-Bluetooth- ... ooth&psc=1
So I just ordered one of these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

I will have a play on my (petrol) VW Golf first, then if I am feeling brave may plug it into the Macan! Having done a bit of research on the US Forum I think some of the more complex Porsche OBD2 codes may be Porsche-specific hence undecipherable, but it would be great if it gave DPF data!
....and supplied by "Autopumpkin" .....what a fantastic name!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:20 pm Just came across STP® DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER CLEANER .

I am not a great fan of additives, but it would possibly be worth a try if you were having issues. Anyone tried it??
There is a warning about not using oil additives in the Macan manual and I'm sure somewhere in there is a warning about fuel additives so it is possible you could be risking your warranty by using the STP product. Of course, I could be wrong :)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

On-Track wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am
ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:20 pm Just came across STP® DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER CLEANER .

I am not a great fan of additives, but it would possibly be worth a try if you were having issues. Anyone tried it??
There is a warning about not using oil additives in the Macan manual and I'm sure somewhere in there is a warning about fuel additives so it is possible you could be risking your warranty by using the STP product. Of course, I could be wrong :)
You are probably right. There must be "Porsche approved additives" (assuming they work) which Porsche would perhaps try if you were having problems.

There is obviously additives already in BP / Shell fuel so I will stick with that for now. (If it ain't broke don't fix it ! :) )
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Sadly, as my Macan hit 1000 miles exactly i got the dreaded ‘Regenerate PFilter’ warning. Managed to so this and no further issues with 6800 miles on clock. I ensure it gets a long run every month.

However, today it got recovered and taken backntondealer as it now has Engine Management Fault..

Car 6 months old...im not impressed.

Always had VW and last 3 cars Audi Diesels - not one fault ever with those 😡
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Hope you get it sorted.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Has anyone noticed a burning smell when getting out of the car and walking round the back? I did last night (no, it wasn't the tyres as I hadn't been driving that fast) and wondered if the DPF had been burning off its soot build up. It might have been something else outside the car of course.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Ian.g wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm Has anyone noticed a burning smell when getting out of the car and walking round the back? I did last night (no, it wasn't the tyres as I hadn't been driving that fast) and wondered if the DPF had been burning off its soot build up. It might have been something else outside the car of course.
Yes I occasionally have the same , I think it’s when the DPF has not completed the cycle, sure I will be corrected if wrong but I don’t think it’s any thing to worry about, used to get it on my Jags as well
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ian.g wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm Has anyone noticed a burning smell when getting out of the car and walking round the back? I did last night (no, it wasn't the tyres as I hadn't been driving that fast) and wondered if the DPF had been burning off its soot build up. It might have been something else outside the car of course.
I had that once in a car years ago. A plastic bag had caught around a hot exhaust.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
PJS

Post by PJS »

Just seen this thread. 6 months old and 11,000 miles no problems. That said, it was in last week for a new rear reflector and service guy said it could do with a re-gen, I said go on then, and 30 mins later i'm off again. It's rarely driven in anger, just tends to trundle around.
Paul

Post by Paul »

PJS wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:39 pm Just seen this thread. 6 months old and 11,000 miles no problems. That said, it was in last week for a new rear reflector and service guy said it could do with a re-gen, I said go on then, and 30 mins later i'm off again. It's rarely driven in anger, just tends to trundle around.
Interesting that the dealership (presumably) ran a full diagnostic to include a soot load reading and offered a foc regen. Good customer service, or maybe Porsche have now instructed this on every SD workshop visit to pre-empt imminent dpf issues...?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465