Bose - NCT - does it work?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Porsche describe the Bose NCT as follows...

Noise compensation technology uses a microphone to continuously measure the ambient noise inside the vehicle and adapts music playback automatically so that a consistent sound is maintained at all times.

I had the same system on my TT and regularly wondered, as I constantly seemed to be manually adjusting the volume, if it worked. I wasn't convinced then and I'm not convinced now. So, does it work and if it does how can that fact be proved?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Not sure either if it works.

I am quite happy adjusting the volume manually anyway. Not keen on a lot of these "driver aids" :?
Paul

Post by Paul »

There's a setting in the standard PCM which does something similar...speed related volume or somesuch...seems to work OK on mine.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Press Home, Opt, Set Sound,

Speed dependent volume: Volume is adapted in accordance with the driving speed.

I have not used it but had it on all my cars for the last few years....
GTS 😀
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:19 pm Press Home, Opt, Set Sound,

Speed dependent volume: Volume is adapted in accordance with the driving speed.

I have not used it but had it on all my cars for the last few years....
The speed dependent volume does work. The problem is that you seem to need a different amount of extra volume for music vs speech as you drive faster. So if you listen to Radio 4 you need it set differently to when you listen to music from somewhere. It does seem to work OK though.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Sorry to not responding sooner. I've checked all the settings and as expected I had previously ticked all the relevant boxes. Perhaps it's as you say Ian, that the differences are quite subtle.
Having the pano roof and quite a bit of wind noise when open I expected the volume to increase noticeably to compensate - but no. Maybe it's me. 😐
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀