Comfort Entry

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

Anyone managed to get this working?

I ticked the box in PCM and set the key, via the door panel.

My understanding is that on entry, the steering wheel will lift, then drop into place when the key is put in the ignition.

Similarly, on exit, when the key is removed, the steering wheel would lift.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Any ideas please?

IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

I have the 18 ways, and it does work exactly as you describe.
have you set comfort in the options via the scroll button the steering wheel under vehicle and options.. I think you need to tick box enable it
Cheers Iain
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

never noticed a steering wheel movement, but for me the comfort entry pushes the seat back a few inches and then back again, it seems to cope well with myself and the wife having completely different seating positions too, but its not a dramatic movement in itself, just a couple inches.
PHJD8AA5 GTS
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Works as described with the added amusement of crushing the knees of anyone bigger than a midget in the rear seats.

Obvs you have to turn it on and use the same key each time. Can't remember if there's an additional setting to enable saving stuff to the key.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

IainSmith wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am I have the 18 ways, and it does work exactly as you describe.
have you set comfort in the options via the scroll button the steering wheel under vehicle and options.. I think you need to tick box enable it
Cheers Iain
I have 18 ways and set it up via PCM on main screen, but it appears as set via scrollable binnacle info too.

Key in ignition, engine running, "set" and "key".

Nothing.........
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Perhaps your normal driving position has the wheel at its highest point and the seat all the way back already :)
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

Guy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:35 pm ^ Perhaps your normal driving position has the wheel at its highest point and the seat all the way back already :)
That has just occurred to me!
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

It works as described by others on my car with the 18 way seats, but I have recently left it disabled after Porsche replaced my pcm and dashboard to cure a display fault as they didn't enable it and I haven't bothered as I found that the seat went too far back and the door pillar was in the way when getting out. I don't miss it.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

When I put the key in the ignition the seat moves forward. After starting the engine the steering wheel comes down. After removing the key the wheel goes back up. The seat moves back as I pull the door handle to open the door. Occasionally it doesn't work, but it usually does. I use only 1 key and have the comfort setting turned on in the settings as described. I like it as it does make it easier to get in and out.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I have the 18 Ways (too many options, a nightmare to get absolutely right) and my seat / steering wheel does move but not all the time!

My sunroof also opens so how it knew I was born by cesarean I'll never know :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver