Alarm keeps going off?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Thanks ref the charger point. I did give it a blast on the ctek only a few weeks ago so I am a bit surprised if it is a flat battery. I just want to get home now and investigate! I am told the alarm is no longer going off so am non the wiser at the moment....
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris

Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Well, I arrived back at home to find that the car was totally dead. Tried to recover the battery with my ctek but it just didn’t seem to be happening. So a quick call to Porsche assist and the AA were there within the hour to jump start the car. Drove it for a while and then popped it on the ctek. After around 36 hours the battery seems to back on stream, tailgate opens remotely and all seems well. I am just hoping that the battery isn’t faulty as I don’t believe the car was left for more than 2-3 weeks.
2021 - GR Yaris
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

What cteck do you have as it needs to be the 7.0 to charge a flat battery I believe.

The 5 will not charge a flat battery. It has to have enough in the battery initially for it to work.

I wonder if the boot / door was left open which initially drained the battery? I am sure time will tell if it's all ok.
Great response from Porsche assist 👍
GTS 😀
microbe

Post by microbe »

I have just had this problem. My car alarm sounded in the early hours last Sunday and I could not get in the car as neither key fob would unlock. I called Porsche reovery later that morning and the AA turned up in less than an hour. It turned out my battery was completely flat and was caused by me wiring up my dashcam wrongly. The AA guy advised that the alarm system is switched on when the battery is in it's last throes. Fortunately the battery died completely after a few minutes so not too many neighbours were disturbe
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“I have just had this problem. My car alarm sounded in the early hours last Sunday and I could not get in the car as neither key fob would unlock. I called Porsche reovery later that morning and the AA turned up in less than an hour. It turned out my battery was completely flat and was caused by me wiring up my dashcam wrongly. The AA guy advised that the alarm system is switched on when the battery is in it's last throes. Fortunately the battery died completely after a few minutes so not too many neighbours were disturbe”

Yep exactly the same here. Alarm early in the morning and then the OH couldn’t get in the car..... using the emergency key was a tad tricky. I have a dash cam too but it has been running ok for 6 months with no issue. I think it was just lack of use that caused it. Having the dash cam concerned me though as I know Porsche would consider it an automatic reason not to consider carrying out any work under warranty.

As for the ctek, yep, it is a 5.0 so it won’t charge a flat battery. I was hoping there was enough juice in it for it to be recovered.
2021 - GR Yaris