DIY Maintenance and Modification

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OK, thanks Guy. I can understand you not hooking it up to the Macan! Wonder what caused that shutdown. It's one thing nowadays to carry out mechanical mods and servicing but the electrics and electronics can be a minefield. Both my bikes have Can Bus systems and so attaching electrical accessories has required a separate fuse block connected to the battery in order to keep everything away from the ECUs.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Guy

Post by Guy »

Further to this thread, someone on the US Forum has just posted a link to the Macan Service Manual: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvJUDGTSXHiKpRXi4etSmDDpgxiW

Clearly you use at your own risk! I have had a quick look and there is some useful stuff there for DIYers.
jk88

Post by jk88 »

A bit of bedtime reading at just shy of 6,000 pages :shock:
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Guy

Post by Guy »

jk88 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:20 am A bit of bedtime reading at just shy of 6,000 pages :shock:
I had a more in depth look last night. There's some very useful stuff in there, not just for DIYers, but anyone interested in how their Macan is put together. Some highlights from my perspective:

- A list of accepted 'panel gaps' (enables you to talk to the OPC from a position of strength!)
- How to adjust boot/bonnet closure to ensure a good fit.
- Wiring diagrams: a real bonus for those hard-wiring dashcams, upgrading speakers, or retrofitting tow-bars etc
- How to remove/disassemble trim: again very useful for dashcams, phone mounts etc.
- Detailed lists of what is done during routine servicing
- Accepted brake disc thickness tolerances (I didn't realise that they have a wear indicator)

Of course I realise that most forum members are more interested in ordering their next Macan/911 etc than delving into the mechanics/electronics of their current car, but hopefully a few more adventurous people will find it invaluable. I will certainly make use of the contents, and not just when my (recently extended) warranty has expired. I am surprised that it was available for download!
tuizner

Post by tuizner »

Guy wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:47 pm Further to this thread, someone on the US Forum has just posted a link to the Macan Service Manual: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvJUDGTSXHiKpRXi4etSmDDpgxiW

Clearly you use at your own risk! I have had a quick look and there is some useful stuff there for DIYers.
That's a thing of beauty - thanks!