Key Failure

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Custard

Post by Custard »

My wife was driving the Macan so she took her key which is the Porsche spare. Everything worked normally until we came back to the car after walking the dogs. The car refused to open despite trying all around, no indicator flashes, nothing.

The doors were definitely locked because I tried them all! We were on the point of calling the Porsche dealers (the car's only about four months old) when one last attempt opened the boot, and after that the doors opened normally. There has been no repeat of the problem.

Anyone any suggestions?

Guy

Post by Guy »

Low battery (car not remote)? See my recent post in the 'battery' thread. I had to use the emergency key in the socket under the driver's door handle.

I have since read that there is also a 'low battery state' remote sensor in the top right of the boot hatch, so perhaps that worked for you.
Custard

Post by Custard »

Thanks Guy I'll look into that.

Incidentally, I was stuffed when I tried to get the emergency key out. For all the world it looks like you slide the little catch then pull on the key ring itself...except you don't! It's pretty counter-intuitive and it wasn't until I came across this video that the penny dropped,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3yU8ve8vI
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Sometimes nearby radio wave sources, eg mobile phone masts, can interfere with the signal between your remote and the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
happy days

Post by happy days »

I had a similar issue one day. Got in the car and put the key in the ignition, turned and absolutely nothing. Turns out I had put the McCann key in the Boxster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S