18 way seat problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

My son has identified that he can change the settings on my 18 way passenger seat and it records all of them except the side cushions. I think it probably used to record these (I don’t sit in the passenger seat so I am not absolutely sure). If he moves the seat and registers it to his button (my wife and 2 sons have 1 button each) it stores the changes except for any made to the upper and lower side bolsters.
Any ideas? There is nothing in the GTK app to suggest that these settings should be different. I haven’t tried it with the driver’s seat.

macan.fan

Post by macan.fan »

The side bolsters are not saved in the memory settings I’m afraid.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

really? My side bolsters are saved.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Correction here - he has only experimented with the lower ones on the seat base, not the side ones. Are these not saved at all then?
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I only spent a couple of minutes today but I think both side bolsters are not part of the memory.
I have never noticed it as they are always set the same and ok for myself and wife.

What I did today was set my seat position using the memory button then adjusted the bolsters to be very tight and then pushed memory button again which should put it back but they didn’t move. If I changed any other part of the seat and pushed my memory button the seat moved to the saved location.

Odd but Ian you seem correct or we both have a fault.
Others may be able to advise.

I have 18 ways too. December 2016 Delivery.
GTS 😀
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Thanks. I haven’t experimented with the drivers seat yet. Not been out in it today. Mine is a Feb 17 delivery. Sounds like the bolsters aren’t saved in the memory. I am surprised the GTK app doesn’t mention it. Maybe I should check the manual as well!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Just been out and played with the drivers seat. Neither of the side bolsters seem to be recorded in the memory as far as I can tell. Has anyone else tried it?
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Yes, with the same results. Bolsters not stored in memory.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8