Cayenne wheel alignment

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

I wonder if I can garner some advice from the forum.
I moved from a Macan to a Cayenne S Diesel in March and have been very happy with the way it does every thing, especially the way it is planted on the road.: that was until I noticed rather belatedly at 10000kms it was feathering the front tyres quite badly.

With the dealer an hour and a half away I had a local place with advanced Bosch equipment rotate the tyres and do a wheel alignment. After 3 attempts they were unable to prevent it pulling to the left (down the camber of the road)

I then took it to the dealer who has had a further 3 goes at it. I even agreed to put a new set of tyres on it.

I have video of the car running on a straight road for over a minute with one finger holding continuous pressure to stay straight.

One nasty thought that passed through my mind was that on its long boat journey to Australia it suffered damage that was repaired before being sold.

So my question is, what do I do next-whos nose do I need to pull?
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

See if you can try a similar Cayenne on the same stretch of road. Have you got access to an independent tester with laser equipment that can test all four wheels and their alignment to the chassis? If you can 'prove' to Porsche that yours is not right, insist they fix it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

On Friday the dealer lent me a 4 cylinder Macan for the night-it behaved impeccably. I think the original test equipment was Bosch laser, I'll check.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD