OPC Visit Let Down by Lack of Attention to Detail and Poor Feedback Response

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

This is a typical story of a company, in this case a nearby OPC, doing a fairly good job but it all being spoilt by a lack of attention to detail. It is a minor issue, which wasn't really worth chasing but has turned into an irritant.

I had a slow puncture in the off-side front tyre, which still had 4mm depth of tread.

Phoned the OPC and the lady in the service department was really great. Asked whether the GTS could still be driven (yes) and booked it in for the next day (0900) as well as ordering a new tyre, just in case the original could not be repaired. All good so far.

Arrived at the OPC the next day and was nicely welcomed with the car being taken to the service area (garage :lol: ).

I was well looked after, coffee etc. After 30 mins the lady came round to tell me they had found a nail in the tyre and took me in to see the damage. There was definitely a nail there. The lady took photos to send off to the tyre insurance company and I went back to the waiting area. 15 mins later she came round again to keep me updated. Tyres photos sent and I would not need to wait once the tyre was replaced if an insurance decision was not resolved by that time. They would let me know the outcome by phone. Again all good.

I settled to wait for the tyre to be replaced. I had been there an hour by this stage. Another hour went by. The lady came round again apologising for the time it was taking. Okay, good to keep the customer updated.

Another hour passes and she comes back to say it is complete. Huh, three hours to change a tyre. Okay, not really a problem as I was able to work using my laptop.

Insurance firm paid for the new tyre, result :)

Car washed and hoovered (I know :shock: but I don't really have time to do it and its over a year old and, and ,and, just excuses :oops: ).

So I started off towards home with a good feeling, the workshop had been slow but a good job done (I thought) and very pleasant staff. On the way home the tyre pressure sensor showed it was under inflated by 0.4 bar (5 psi). A little miffed at this. Once at home I had a look at the tyre and there was also no dust cap on the valve. Pretty irritating. I inflated the tyre to the correct pressure and put on a dust cap on the valve. Even with discrepancies between different makes of tyre inflators, 5 psi is a lot.

A small issue but quality control / lack of attention to detail and the time taken spoilt the experience.

I wasn't going to bother raising this until I went back to the OPC next time and just to mention it to them.

Then the thing that started to get me really irritated is the Porsche feedback survey. I filled in the email form and returned to Porsche, basically giving the above dialogue and not giving top scores. A day later I had another email saying they had been in touch with the OPC, who said they had been in touch with me and it was resolved. Errr.. no, no-one had contacted me. I replied that the OPC has not made contact with me. A couple of days later I got a similar email saying the same thing, OPC had been in touch and all sorted. I replied that this wasn't the case and that I wanted Porsche to contact me about this. That was over a week ago. I have not received any further messages or contacts from Porsche or the OPC, yet.

This started as a small thing, not really worth making an issue over; however, this feedback issue has peaked my interest so I will see how Porsche manage what is, in essence, poor feedback, which is getting worse with each email.
Last edited by Tall Phil on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTS \o/ - sold :(

Paul

Post by Paul »

So often the case that the last 5 percent of the job (fitting a dustcap and looking at the TPM as the car is driven out of the workshop) is not carried out properly, giving an overall poor experience.
Why can’t staff just do their jobs properly?😡
As for customer surveys and (lack of) customer service....don’t get me started.....I’m “discussing” my last car rental out of Malaga with Avis at the moment....😡😡😡

“please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be if any further service;
we value your custom” 😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I think a lot of garages think we love to "pop in for a visit" and then hang around for 4 hours to get a 30 minute job carried out :? :? :?
happy days

Post by happy days »

I know that in my experience of my dealership, they are pretty scared of not getting all 10s on the surveys. Not sure if they are penalised, or it triggers audit checks or what, but I know that they don't like getting less than 10.
Macan S D
718 S
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

happy days wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:56 am I know that in my experience of my dealership, they are pretty scared of not getting all 10s on the surveys. Not sure if they are penalised, or it triggers audit checks or what, but I know that they don't like getting less than 10.
That's interesting to know. Let's see what happens.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
R850R

Post by R850R »

I too was also annoyed by this feed-back charade and have posted about it here b4.

Macan had bodywork done after minor front damage - required new front reg plate - this fell off overnight as was stuck on with double-sided tape!

Like yourself, a minor irritant though one which I had to rectify by purchasing new fixing bolts. I told the OPC, got apologies and was told body shop manager would contact me. He never did. I stated all this on the Porsche UK feed-back and was informed "blah, blah....OPC will be in touch".

Nothing ever came back from Porsche or the OPC. A total waste of time.
I didn't want reimbursing a couple of quid for a couple of plastic fixing bolts or the petrol to drive 5 miles to buy them. I did though expect an apology for the inept use of double-sided tape.
S with an oil-burner engine and a few extras.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tall Phil. Interesting what you said about the survey.

I completed an online survey after my recent oil change. To be fair, I was happy with the OPC and got a 718 Boxster for the day, so I gave top scores.

I did however query why my car needed an oil change after only 10k miles and not the expected 20k. This was out of the control of the OPC, so I did not lower my scores because of this.

Same as you, I got an email from Porsche to say they understood that my OPC had been in touch and answered/resolved my query. Not true! :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Salty

Post by Salty »

My experience of my local OPC is the same as post by “happy days”.
I have almost always taken my Macan and various to the OPC. I have rarely given them a 10 on the feedback form sent by Porsche. Usually due to same fairly minor but irritating thing. EG when giving me a copy of the check sheet I find that the section recording tyre tread depth is blank!
There have been a variety of reasons why I have not given a 10 score in the past and it usually results in a very swift response from my OPC. I have been told in the past that anything less than a 10 is very bad news for them. I am not sure how they are penalised but it must be significant.
I find this very irritating as it gives false information to Porsche Uk and the OPC.
Surely they should know that they would be better off knowing what the complaint and subsequent score really is then acting on it to improve scores where necessary. If they give a 100% good service they will get a 10.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

When I worked in automotive, the dealer earned some of the dealer margin upfront when the car was delivered and around half was held back and paid based on franchise standards for sales and aftersales. Customer satisfaction for both was weighted highly in the assessment of franchise standards, so possibly the same for Porsche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.