DAB radio memory finally fixed - hurrah!!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Just had the latest PCM update installed (just out this week apparently) and it has finally cured the really annoying 'I'll forget you were listening to Radio 4 and tune into Heart instead' DAB issue when you start the car each morning. Also had all the nav maps updated at the same time by the OPC.

Really pleased as often it's the small niggles like this that can distract from the overall pleasure of owning and driving a Macan.

Excellent service from Reading OPC, they really care about this stuff.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Good news jk88. Would you be so good as to post images of your PCM settings so we can see your software and navigation versions?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Here we go

pcm1.jpg

pcm2.jpg

Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

That’s great jk88, thank you very much. My PCM software was updated three weeks ago but the navigation database and map version stayed the same. Yours seem to be later versions. I’ll see what the OPC say now about current versions for my car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thaks for this JK88!

My Macan is going in for a minor service in a week at OPC Guildford, so I asked them to do any PCM / Nav update they have.
The service desk lady replied tha they have not been advised of any updates, haha! Funny how the information varies accross the network.
But OPC Reading are the head office showroom really, aren't they, the Porsche UK head office is next door, so I bet they are the ones better informed. 😄

I actually bought the Macan as an approved used from Reading in August, so I might have a drive there at some point. 😃
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0