Initial thoughts and fault

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Picked up our S petrol last tuesday, absolutely love it, the drive is so much nicer than our previous diesel and i like the steering a lot better with the 21" Turbo wheels.

I had a brain freeze with how to increase the instrument cluster lighting levels, a quick look at the owners manual and memory restored. Anyway, i popped out to make the adjustment to find the knurled adjuster wasn't there and had broken off. I for one know, i haven't done this, so can only assume it was like this when we collected the car last week. Another conversation is going to be had with the OPC now to rectify this. Really started to question Porsches integrity, first i had all the issues with DPF to the point where i am told to swap to a petrol and now this when we finally collect the petrol.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I'm sure they'll fix this for you. No need to question Porsche integrity - they've put you in a petrol car. Most manufacturers would tell you to take a walk.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Agree with Nick, Porsche have done you proud.

Minor issues are easily sorted, I for one have been driving Macans now for twenty months with zero faults, well except for the software bugs which have happened about four times in the fourteen months I have had the Turbo.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

+2 - don’t let a clumsy valeter (because that almost certainly how it happened) spoil the occasion. As Nick says, your dealer along with Porsche have stood up to your first problem and resolved it in a way few others would. I agree it’s a shame the detail wasn’t spotted by the salesman prior to handover (I would always personally re-check all “ problem” vehickes prior to release)
I’m sure the DP will be red-faced when he hears and keen to resolve asap.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465