Demonstrator Request

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

VanB wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:11 am You don’t get sports design mirrors with folding mirrors and its arse is wider than the mirrors in any case!
Interesting as i was told exactly the same which i commented on another post a while ago but others did not think that was the case....
My understanding is the sport design mirrors are the same width (or almost) as the back wheel arches on a 4 GTS.
That would be interesting to know if what we both have been told is actually correct...

The 4 GTS comes with Sport designs as standard and the 911 S does not....

Just been on the configurator and when selecting the folding mirror option it removes the sport designs and adds standard mirrors.
Was no clear on an iphone but on the pc you can see as you add the options much better.
GTS 😀

VanB

Post by VanB »

Apparently, due to the nature of the doors, the folding mechanism lives in the mirror housing which they can’t do with SD mirrors. The rear haunches on the GTS are the widest part of the car including mirrors so didn’t think folding was necessary. Both 2 and 4WD versions share the same wider body from the C4
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 am Thanks Arif - I had interesting advice from the SE who said GTS pack was worthwhile but contrast stitching was a bit marmite when it came to resale. Also advised against the sunroof which I had originally specced. I was determined to keep it reasonably lightly optioned but still ended up at nearly £115k [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Van, Interisting to hear your SEs opinion on the glass sunroof. I personally dont like them, but have added and removed it a few times now, more for the aesthetics of the dark roof than anythging else, but then console myself by the fact its not even an option on whats seen as the ultimate 911, the GT3 . I have also looked at upgrading the interior by adding a bit more leather but cant find a combination I like yet as want to kep all the origional Alcantara
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Rab

GTS interior package adds more alcantara and gives a leather dash and leather seat surrounds. If you want the look of the dark roof why not get it wrapped which will look great and cost a fraction of a sunroof. SE basically said sunroof yes ok on a regular 911 but generally not wanted on a GTS coupe
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 pm Rab

GTS interior package adds more alcantara and gives a leather dash and leather seat surrounds. If you want the look of the dark roof why not get it wrapped which will look great and cost a fraction of a sunroof. SE basically said sunroof yes ok on a regular 911 but generally not wanted on a GTS coupe
Ok Van, it looks like you've cost me a few more pounds, I originally thought that this option just added a little more alcantara but reading more carefully it seems to cover virtually every surface that's not alcantara in leather so a nice upgrade without going to the near 5k of the full GTS package. If I remove the white dials, which were a whim that brings my extras to my target 10% so all good.
I have the car booked with a local guy to clear wrap the front end and have already discussed the roof wrap which he says wont cost much at all.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Rab I have to say it was Nick who woke me up to the interior so I would suggest he has cost you more but definitely worthwhile IMO 👍
Paul

Post by Paul »

😉😉😂😂 ...is this a private 911 discussion, or can anyone join in.....?😂😂😂
Seriously though chaps, well done on 3 (or is it 4?) 911 Q1 builds......👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

martin5789 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 am Just played for a while with 911 specs on the configurator and my immediate thought was what good value the Macan seems in comparison. I know the 911 is a different beast but crikey it soon gets very very expensive to get anywhere near the spec of my turbo.

I would agree with this. My Panamera 4 as specced by me would cost £85,009 new if ordered today (excluding sport tailpipes). I then specced up a new 911 C4 as close as I could get to my Panny spec. Cost = £95,410 and there were some options that I couldn't add, like rear axle steering and air suspension. Yes, I know they're different animals, but every other model seems on the face of it to offer more for your money than a 911. They are obviously cashing in on the iconic status of their 'halo' model and who can blame them!? They're not the most profitable motor manufacturer for nothing! And it wouldn't stop me buying a 911 in the future! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Agree completely Wingco - 911s carry a substantial premium. A 911 Carrera with the same options as my Boxster is nearly a third more expensive and is not as quick. It’s the iconic Porsche in most people’s eyes though.......
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
VanB

Post by VanB »

This does appear to be a hijacked thread so apologies to the OP