PCM Connect Update - Don’t do it!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Having just loaded up numerous POIs in the i phone App I decided to download the latest update ( 3 days old). Unfortunately it looses all useful functionality and ability to transfer POI, but rest assured the Help Desk are aware of the problem and have been since the update was issued😤😤😤😤😤.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Update on the phone or in the car? I think I have the latest app and can transfer destinations?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col M

Post by Col M »

Yes mine auto updated but despite having a valid ID and Car connect can't seem to add my Macan with proof of ownership to connect. Thought they were to merge
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

We've packed up using iPhones, had one die after iOS7 update then my OH's packed in just before Christmas.

It's all Samsung and LG on SIM only contracts now, one Fairphone on trial too.

I was just amazed that we have a heap of old, dead iPhones but perfectly functional vintage HTCs and Samsungs.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Retired

Post by Retired »

What was updated? PCM, iOS, the app,something else? Just one thing updated or several? Some detail might help!

Latest iteration of C+ requires proof of ownership of car before activation. On my new Cayman needed to send image of V5 as part of clumsy registration process. Relevant to Macan or updates? Don't know.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I can’t transfer destinations to the car now either. It just says that navigation for this vehicle is restricted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I do not have Connect +, but the OPC updated mine today using their Porsche SIM card / laptop. So I am now pleased to have the latest 2017/2018 version 16 of the Sat Nav etc.🙂

However it still will not retain the telephone contacts after switching the ignition off and then back on! :roll: So further investigation via Porsche HQ will be sought by my OPC.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
jk88

Post by jk88 »

I'm using the updated app and it doesn't have any problem transferring existing or new destinations to the sat nav. Used it yeserday to find a car park in Cheltenham for a wedding we went to.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have updated the app on the iPhone also and all my destinations are still on there. Added a new destination on my phone just now and went to the car and I can see the new destination in the car by using the normal methods

Everything is working perfectly as before. I have connect plus and I can see this new app uses your connect plus login details so I wonder if people that have issues don’t have connect plus?

I connected my phone to the in car WiFi as always.
GTS 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

Mine has never worked unless I first disconnect from the in car Wi-Fi then reconnect which is a ball-ache. Hopefully it works on the 911 or I will be seriously irritated 😠
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate