PCM Connect Update - Don’t do it!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Retired wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am What was updated? PCM, iOS, the app,something else? Just one thing updated or several? Some detail might help!

Latest iteration of C+ requires proof of ownership of car before activation. On my new Cayman needed to send image of V5 as part of clumsy registration process. Relevant to Macan or updates? Don't know.
The update was to the iphone app.

Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 pm I have updated the app on the iPhone also and all my destinations are still on there. Added a new destination on my phone just now and went to the car and I can see the new destination in the car by using the normal methods

Everything is working perfectly as before. I have connect plus and I can see this new app uses your connect plus login details so I wonder if people that have issues don’t have connect plus?

I connected my phone to the in car WiFi as always.
Very odd. I have connect plus but when I downloaded the new pcm i phone update last week, most of the functionality stopped and I get a message saying services are limited. The Porsche Help Desk for the app confirmed that they are aware of the oroblem
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:57 pm I do not have Connect +, but the OPC updated mine today using their Porsche SIM card / laptop. So I am now pleased to have the latest 2017/2018 version 16 of the Sat Nav etc.🙂

However it still will not retain the telephone contacts after switching the ignition off and then back on! :roll: So further investigation via Porsche HQ will be sought by my OPC.
Discovered I had 6 contacts on the SIM card, so moved these to the smartphone'smemory which has all the other contacts listed. Now the PCM retains and shows all the phone listing each time I restart the car. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Crazy diamond wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:54 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 pm I have updated the app on the iPhone also and all my destinations are still on there. Added a new destination on my phone just now and went to the car and I can see the new destination in the car by using the normal methods

Everything is working perfectly as before. I have connect plus and I can see this new app uses your connect plus login details so I wonder if people that have issues don’t have connect plus?

Very odd. I have connect plus but when I downloaded the new pcm i phone update last week, most of the functionality stopped and I get a message saying services are limited. The Porsche Help Desk for the app confirmed that they are aware of the oroblem
Yes ignore that services are limited message.
Open app
Click on navigation and then click the search box. Then select my destinations and they are all there.
You can search and add destinations same as before.
Make sure under the my account tab in the app you are logged in with your connect plus details.
Make sure the app is open whe you are in the car and then the icon appears on the pcm bottom left as normal.
GTS 😀
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm
Crazy diamond wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes ignore that services are limited message.
Open app
Click on navigation and then click the search box. Then select my destinations and they are all there.
You can search and add destinations same as before.
Make sure under the my account tab in the app you are logged in with your connect plus details.
Make sure the app is open whe you are in the car and then the icon appears on the pcm bottom left as normal.
Many thanks indeed! Obvious when you do it but not intuitive. Compounded by the fact the help desk were no help in confirming it was a fault 😰. Thanks again 👌