First fault and it’s a biggy

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

Very good Dandock , we too often forget the fundamentals .

That said, it would never happen to a forum member !!

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Presumably, since the dealer's been checking for a couple of days, it's nothing to do with fuel? You hadn't just filled up?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

Takes me back to the early Macan days in 2014, In the first three months Macan No1 was in the garage for 1 month with technical issues, every problem then was new , they were sent down the line to Porsche UK so they could build a data base on problems as the car was a new Model, AA twice came out to my car couldn’t find the fault so just disconnected the battery and rebooted the car, just like an I phone.
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Sorry to hear about your trouble DNR, hope you are up and running soon.
Always keep an eye open when in your neck of the woods but never been spotted :(
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

It’s sad and hard to hear of such a catastrophic failure and we all feel for anyone who suffers such events. As Spud alludes it just demonstrates how totally dependent modern cars are on computers and software, and how fickle those things can be.

Back in the day a good mechanic would simply listen carefully.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
John_M

Post by John_M »

Col M wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pmWell at least it's not running, the vehicles I've had which got better the closer they got to a dealers!

I agree it got harder once they started putting the engines in Tupperware, with their plastic lids.
Total failure & repeatable on demand issues should be simple to workout what is wrong - in this case start with basics, fuel, air etc.

It isn't just cars - large number of IT people/programmers who can't diagnose issues makes you wonder how companies keep their IT running
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

We get it all the time on agric machinery, harsh environment and low power CanBus means that the slightest chafe or a dribble of water in the wrong place can cause a major breakdown which can be very hard to track down.
Even worse is when sensor signals get marginally corrupted and the machine carries on without posting a fault code. Particular point is manifold temperatures and pressures which need to be correct.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
steve w

Post by steve w »

Had a Audi Q5 did exactly that whilst in the middle lane of the M1 ,had it recovered and it turned out to be the Turbo that had gone,replaced under warranty.
SteveW
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

Got a call from the dealer today, good news is she’s running again. Bad news is they don’t know exactly what they did to make it run. My worst nightmare!

They are going to keep it whilst Porsche check all the info. Really hope they can give me a good reason for why she let me down. To make things worse I’m 100 miles from my nearest dealer...
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Hope you get a satisfactory explanation soon DNR17.
All very upsetting :(
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2