First fault and it’s a biggy

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

Had my Macan over two years of trouble free motoring, however Thursday she let me down big style.

Cough splutter and it stopped. Re-boot and away we went again for a approx 30seconds then it stopped and for good. It’s been with the dealer for couple of days now and they can’t find the fault. No errors, by all accounts it should run but doesn’t.

It’s been probably couple of decades since I last broke down, didn’t expect it from my Porsche...
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59

Paul

Post by Paul »

😮☹️
mind you, a complete break-down should be “ easy” to find and fix........
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Sorry to hear that!
I had something similar happen with my previous car. I was so disappointed. Turned out a rodent had nibled on some of the cables... just saying, might not be the cars fault... Always annoying when you break down though. Just give the dealer some time to work it out and you will be on your way soon :)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

That would be pretty disappointing for sure and you don't expect to be left at the roadside with such an expensive and relatively new car.

Hope they get it sorted really quick for you and do actually find a fault so that you aren't left wondering will the issue return.
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

I’m sure they will sort it, hopefully for good, will report back with the fault description...
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

At least it is still under warranty so no worries :D
John_M

Post by John_M »

DNR17 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pmIt’s been with the dealer for couple of days now and they can’t find the fault. No errors, by all accounts it should run but doesn’t.
Trouble with modern technology - no one seems able to do basic fault diagnoses any more if computer doesn't know
Col M

Post by Col M »

John_M wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm
DNR17 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pmIt’s been with the dealer for couple of days now and they can’t find the fault. No errors, by all accounts it should run but doesn’t.
Trouble with modern technology - no one seems able to do basic fault diagnoses any more if computer doesn't know
Well at least it's not running, the vehicles I've had which got better the closer they got to a dealers!

I agree it got harder once they started putting the engines in Tupperware, with their plastic lids.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Sad to hear ☹️. Coughing and spluttering sounds like fuel starvation. Very strange that there’s no fault codes.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

John_M wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm
It started going downhill, so to speak, with Krypton tuning!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀