Configurator diesel warning

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col M

Post by Col M »

Dropped into my Porsche code to get this notice/warning:

H_1504_de30
Important Notice: The Federal Motor Transport Authority (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt, KBA) is currently testing the engine software installed in vehicles of the type Porsche Macan Diesel 3.0 litre V6 (EU6). Therefore, the delivery of your ordered vehicle may be delayed until the KBA has tested a potentially required software update and has approved its use.
OK

So a 2nd update?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

Over on Pistonheads, someone is posting in one of the Porsche forums that there is a 'stop sale' on new, unregistered SDs from 1st March, on the basis that the cars will not be legal to register after that date until a fix (the software improvement identified above?) has been implemented in an as-yet unknow timescale. Sounds as though something is afoot...

James
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I try and think of it this way... the fix that fixed the fix didn’t fix the fix , so another fix is needed to fix the fix of the fix.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col M

Post by Col M »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm I try and think of it this way... the fix that fixed the fix didn’t fix the fix , so another fix is needed to fix the fix of the fix.
Wow! That's some heavy thinking.

Maybe Audi should just have told Porsche what their fix was in the first place. Having bought into this second-hand I wonder when UK OPCs will be calling SDs in. Still can hope for a cure for my heavy right foot...only averaging 31.7mpg
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
John_M

Post by John_M »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm I try and think of it this way... the fix that fixed the fix didn’t fix the fix , so another fix is needed to fix the fix of the fix.
sounds like normal software support fixes - even when they aren't trying to do something dodgy
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

My God! Where will you go for your next fix?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Col M wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Maybe Audi should just have told Porsche what their fix was in the first place. Having bought into this second-hand I wonder when UK OPCs will be calling SDs in. Still can hope for a cure for my heavy right foot...only averaging 31.7mpg
That’s about what I average. I don’t know how people get better than this! I don’t want an update - unless it boosts the power as well
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have my fingers crossed for another one!!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ian.g wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm
Col M wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

That’s about what I average. I don’t know how people get better than this! I don’t want an update - unless it boosts the power as well
You get better if you stay under 55mph. I can’t. My average is 30.
I don’t want anybody tinkering with my software either unless I know exactly what it achieves.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
RAA

Post by RAA »

I have not had a Porsche before, but have ordered a new (facelifted) Macan S Diesel which I hope to take possession of, later in the year (?) Hope this 'problem' with the emissions software is all sorted with the new model, when it comes. (Currently driving a Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav 2.2L diesel AWD SUV and averaging 40.5 mpg.)