Map update

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I had my Turbo serviced last week and when I dropped the car off with them I did ask if there was any Porsche instructed actions they had planned to undertake.

One they advised was to perform a map database update.

Earlier this year I did get a pop up advising that a map update was available but it was not until late July that I did the update myself.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am I had my Turbo serviced last week and when I dropped the car off with them I did ask if there was any Porsche instructed actions they had planned to undertake.

Earlier this year I did get a pop up advising that a map update was available but it was not until late July that I did the update myself.
Could you do us a favour please Col and post an image showing your software and database versions?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I will try this...
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Macadam wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:20 pm

I will try this...
Thanks, but nothing for me to try. 😭
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:23 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am I had my Turbo serviced last week and when I dropped the car off with them I did ask if there was any Porsche instructed actions they had planned to undertake.

Could you do us a favour please Col and post an image showing your software and database versions?
Nick

Gladly, tomorrow when I will be next going into my man shed which is the garage.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nick

As promised

E96DD8D6-1A92-4F30-A556-AFA780614A0C.jpeg

I have also placed the image in the MY17 Software thread for continuity.
Col
Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macadam wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:20 pm

I will try this...
That is how I have been updating my database.

You will find that if you are still downloading when you stop the car it will automatically resume when the car is started.
Col
Macan Turbo
VanB

Post by VanB »

Do you know what the typical download size is and whether it is practical OTA?

Thanks
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I’ve seen downloads over 600mb and that’s perfectly ok for OTA
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

VanB wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 pm Do you know what the typical download size is and whether it is practical OTA?

Thanks
Soon after getting the GTS I was able to update 'Southern' and 'Northern' England OTA via a 3G/4G connection quicker than our prehistoric internet connection would do it - took 30 mins or so, and from memory it was about 400Mb. All other regions were greyed out. When in southeast France recently I was able to update that region too, about 200Mb. Since then no other regions have been available. As others have said, it seems there's a limit to how many regions can be updated per six or 12 months I believe. According to Porsche Connect Support the OPCs can update the whole database in one go using a variety of media, SD card, DVD, etc. As we now know, some OPCs are doing it, some, including mine, seem unwilling or unable to grasp the concept.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA