Map update

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
BHT

Post by BHT »

I recently had a pop up message appear in the nav screen informing me there were updates available, as I was driving at the time I cancelled this screen.

Once back home I found my way to the nav update section and went to install U.K. North and South updates. The next screen asked me if I wanted to use the internet or an SD card to install it, so I chose internet connection.

It was taking forever, something like 45 minutes to get 50% of the download.

How can I use the SD card option, how do I get the update on the card in the first place?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

Col M

Post by Col M »

Just updated mine last week...did it over the internet takes ages but just carries on when parked. Think OPC can get it on an SD card. Last time I was parked at a Starbucks and connected to their Wi-Fi šŸ˜ did the whole thing in one Americano
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
SGDT

Post by SGDT »

Did mine via the inbuilt Porsche sim. Hadn't quite finished downloading by the time I got home but when I turned the car off I got a message saying that the download and install will continue. Next morning all downloaded and installed. Very painless.
PJDKEP61
BHT

Post by BHT »

Sounds like it will probably have completed after I switched off then.

Will have a look next time I jump in.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Minealso popped up the message this morning.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20ā€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
BHT

Post by BHT »

Iā€™d still like to know how to do the update from the SD card though.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I think that map updates are due every six months, so aren't we due an update?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

When I bought my Macan (no Connect+) in September '16 I was told I was entitled to three free updates during the warranty period. Since that time I have repeatedly asked the OPC to load updates when they've had the car in for any reason. They keep telling me that they plug the car in and can only load anything the Porsche system tells them is available for my car. So far no map updates apparently. My 911 has Connect and I've been able to do over the air (OTA) updates for north and south England and southeast France, but only when the car is in the region requested. After doing these three OTA updates all the other regions are greyed out, even when in the region, ie central and north France last week.

I spoke to a very helpful person in Porsche Connect Support a couple of months ago and she said that a full all-regions update is available on a memory stick/card and all the OPC have to do is request it. I relayed this to my service advisor, who then spoke to Connect Support too, but he is still telling me that no updates are available for the Macan. He did say though that there is a major PCM update due 'this autumn' and that will apply the map update. We'll see.

I find it hard to believe that this is such a difficult task for the OPC, given that others on here have apparently had their OPCs do updates quite simply.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It doesnā€™t help but your OPC seems to be confused between a PCM firmware update (Iā€™ve been told the same on timing) vs a map update.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

CharlesElliott wrote: ā†‘Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am It doesnā€™t help but your OPC seems to be confused between a PCM firmware update (Iā€™ve been told the same on timing) vs a map update.
Quite so....eventually I had my OPC's technician come to my house and do the 2018 map update using his laptop.

See this previous Forum thread.....www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... it=sat+nav
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver