Front sensors in the snow

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
TrevorD

Post by TrevorD »

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the front sensors going off because of the snow? Mine is permanently going off while I'm driving and it's driving me mad. Is there an option to switch them off?
Trevor

Sold: 2016 Black Macan Diesel S
Sold: 991.1 Agate Grey metallic Carrera
Mine: 2021 Volcano Grey Metallic Macan GTS

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is a mute button in the roof mounted console.

Do take note that it is not just snow that can set off the sensors, certain rain and road spray conditions can initiate them.

Narrow lanes and close proximity of other vehicles can cause the sensors to sound.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I had the exact same issue when out in the snow. Just remember to turn them back on if you rely on them for parking. I’ve nearly reversed into something a couple of times having forgotten I’ve turned them off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
TrevorD

Post by TrevorD »

Thanks guys. I don't mind the odd beep but it's permanently beeping it's just distracting
Trevor

Sold: 2016 Black Macan Diesel S
Sold: 991.1 Agate Grey metallic Carrera
Mine: 2021 Volcano Grey Metallic Macan GTS
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:55 am There is a mute button in the roof mounted console.

Do take note that it is not just snow that can set off the sensors, certain rain and road spray conditions can initiate them.

Narrow lanes and close proximity of other vehicles can cause the sensors to sound.
I was looking for a mute button earlier. Does it silence that activation only or does the mute apply until de-muted?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Mine were doing the same yesterday. The button on the roof console turns them off fully I believe until you turn them back on again
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My fronts go off randomly when in traffic, but at a distance where they don't normally even start on the green & yellow setting? It goes through all sorts of weird shapes, right up to full red, even though I'm sat with the handbrake on - irritating.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Paul

Post by Paul »

My fronts often pick up vehicles in the next lane (in town trafic) and also when cars pull up (too close) behind. I guess they are simply measuring obstacles all the time and aren’t (yet) clever enough to understand when the driver actually needs the info.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col M

Post by Col M »

Mine have been set off by the steam of the exhaust of a car in front! I am fed up with the fronts going off when I'm in reverse.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

gtipirelli wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:40 am Mine were doing the same yesterday. The button on the roof console turns them off fully I believe until you turn them back on again
Found it now. Yes it is an on/off button rather than a mute.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)