Chirping noise on GTS

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

FWIW, I had my aircon compressor changed. It made a whistling noise from the front driver side. All replaced under warranty (and no need to re-gas at the next service
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Calham04, which OPC did you go to who said it was the air con unit? The US forum states it’s a problem with a fuel pump on the right bank of the engine.

As you state I have the noise as well without the AC on.

I’ve been chasing this issue down with Porsche Leeds since September after picking my macan S petrol mid July.. I’m now at the dealer principal level to sort. It’s going back in for the third time on the 10th April.
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Mine is without AC also Ian.
Let me know how you get on after the 10th please?
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Hello Sidscott
They have finally admitted this is a <not normal> issue and not within boundaries of a new car noise OR 'constrained frequency' as they tried to say previous. a couple of weeks ago I sent a request to OPC Leeds and Porsche UK to reject the car under my terms of abnormal running, for me this re-kickstarted this complaint with the dealer principal to get involved.. from this the dealer principal came for a ride in the car to hear the noise himself. He agreed it should not be making the noise..

He has agreed to 1 of 2 things.. Fix the issue or replace the car.

I will keep you posted.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

How long have you owned your GTS for lain?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Thanks Ian, I will be very interested to see how you get on.
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

I got my Macan mid July 2017, and first reported the noise back to OPC Leeds 14th September @1200 miles. up to now 6500miles, they have had it in the garage a collective 19 days over two bookings to fix the issue. 10th April will be the third time back to the garage.
davewf

Post by davewf »

I was looking at my engine with a technician from my OPC, I was wondering why the ticking from the injectors on one bank was louder, seems to be just the ancillary kit muffling one side.

I mentioned what I call a murmur that I can hear at idle. He reckoned it was the fuel system returning the excess fuel to the tank, its not constant but every few seconds when it needs to control the fuel pressure. I am guessing there must be an accumulator in there somewhere. Its from nearside.

Not something that bothers me.
Calham04

Post by Calham04 »

IainSmith wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 pm Calham04, which OPC did you go to who said it was the air con unit? The US forum states it’s a problem with a fuel pump on the right bank of the engine.

As you state I have the noise as well without the AC on.

I’ve been chasing this issue down with Porsche Leeds since September after picking my macan S petrol mid July.. I’m now at the dealer principal level to sort. It’s going back in for the third time on the 10th April.
This was from porsche brooklands, ive left the car with them today to investigate further on this matter.
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Ok calham04. Keep us posted on what they find.