surround camera image

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

If that is the surround view you are getting that is pretty disappointing, I think the OPC’s are not well equipped if they can’t get better result than that, understand your disappointment there.

On another thread VanB, WinCo and I debated turbo-lag Vs. economy figures Vs. in-experienced drivers - and it seemed likely that Porsche may have softened the SUV’s responses in Normal/Comfort mode for all or any of those reasons. I found that 95% of the time normal mode was absolutely fine on the SD, only 5% of the time did I put it in Sport to keep the engine running and depart swifter in to tighter gaps but I would often have to be ready to apply brakes after joining traffic I found that perfectly acceptable. I guess your needs are different there and I don’t know if the, GTS, is different of the mark in normal mode, interesting to know?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960

andreas

Post by andreas »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:00 pm Like this?

A39B1888-5C45-4867-9938-7EA0EE1B17ED.jpeg
This has to be some sort of calibration error. The black rectangle on mine is perfectly centred on the car, and I've found the surround view superb for parking alongside kerbs.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It only happens on mine very occasionally -by coincidence it happened when I was reading this thread!
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Has anyone on here had any luck having their surround cam re- calibrated successfully by their OPC or is it not possible?