Macan Turbo 2 Yr Service

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Unusual on here I know, but I kept my car for 2 years from new!

A bit cheeky calling it it a "20,000 mile service ( or 2 years)" given I'd only had approx 8500 miles, but hey ho.

No problems reported. Car in very good condition. Aside from the VTS (see below) I think this is the most trouble free 2 years of motoring I've ever had. I may do a 2 year ownership report anon.

Back to the service: £525 inc VAT seems steep, but was what was quoted before I went in.
New oil, filters, particle filter, and a "free" visual inspection - not sure when that became something they needed to quote.

Anyways, I also had them look at my tracker (VTS). Some of you might remember my issue with the Vodafone Automotive (nee Cobratrak) tracker dying about a year ago, and Porsche replaced the unit. Well, It died again about a month ago, and VA said, "yea, we can't reach your car and we'll send you a letter after 28 days".

The feeling here is that if the tracker normally can't reach the mothership (mine's in an underground carpark with no signal most of the time) then it will eventually die and need "resetting".

It's a shitty service and shitty product. So much so that Porsche have abandoned the Vodafone Automotive VTS relationship with the new Cayenne.

Also, as my "free" 2 years is up I don't think I'll be renewing the VTS security services.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Guy

Post by Guy »

Thanks for the update Goron and good to see you back on the forum. Clearly no transfer box issues for you.

Any plans to keep beyond 3 years and extend the warranty, or are you waiting to see/drive the facelift before deciding?
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hi Guy - yea, no issues with transfer box, no, and I've no interest in the facelift. Spending tens of thousands on a slightly bigger screen and a full width light bar seems like poor economy!

This car's got a lot left in it, so I'll certainly hang on to it through the 3 year warranty, possibly longer.
Spud

Post by Spud »

goron59 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:09 pm Hi Guy - yea, no issues with transfer box, no, and I've no interest in the facelift. Spending tens of thousands on a slightly bigger screen and a full width light bar seems like poor economy!

This car's got a lot left in it, so I'll certainly hang on to it through the 3 year warranty, possibly longer.
Cant fault you goron, when you think about the service cost, yes it seems steep but then again every 2 years or 20,000 i personally dont think its that bad for the marque brand,
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mind you my OPC did send me a sales pack the other day enticing me to buy a Macan (2.0 I4)
Maybe I'll go for that.

IMG_2484.jpg

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I had an email plugging the 2.0l Macan too. Not very joined up marketing.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
wallaby

Post by wallaby »

I suppose we should be grateful that Porsche don't subscribe to Cambridge Analytica........or perhaps they do.. :?
991.2 C4 NIght Blue - collected 16/5/18
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSWXUK8
GTS sold
Diesel S - Sold
Cayman 981 2.7 PDK - Sold