Pvts recall (Cayenne E3)

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

My tracker has refused to activate & I've been having Porsche Connect issues (flaky connection). According to a service bulletin issued by Porsche there is a transponder issue. As I have declared to my insurance I have a tracker Porsche are insisting I return the car. They are arranging a panamera loan car & can’t tell me how long they will have my car for.

If you are due to collect your car imminently then I urge you to think twice about purchasing the pvts or they will delay collection if your car.

Less than 4 days with her & I'm gutted.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I would be gutted too. Feel for you. You’ll have her back soon enough though and perfectly fonctionnal. :). Brand new models can always have some early hick-ups.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Given me a sapphire blue panamera sport turismo 4 e-hybrid. The thing has only done 70 miles and makes my option list look sparse. At least I have a pretty motor to drive around in until I get mine back.
Taycan Turbo S

Trosley

Post by Trosley »

smithy37 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 pm Given me a sapphire blue panamera sport turismo 4 e-hybrid. The thing has only done 70 miles and makes my option list look sparse. At least I have a pretty motor to drive around in until I get mine back.
Could be worse :lol:
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

smithy37 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 pm Given me a sapphire blue panamera sport turismo 4 e-hybrid. The thing has only done 70 miles and makes my option list look sparse. At least I have a pretty motor to drive around in until I get mine back.
Nice :). Just out of curiousity: the first new model 4 ehybrids had a problem with brake recuperation (very unsmooth), to the point that with the testcar I almost drove into the car in front of me in heavy traffic. All smooth now?
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Orangebulldog wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 4:16 pm
Nice :). Just out of curiousity: the first new model 4 ehybrids had a problem with brake recuperation (very unsmooth), to the point that with the testcar I almost drove into the car in front of me in heavy traffic. All smooth now?
Took a little bit of getting used to and certainly an odd feeling, but they work. Just tested them as a car stopped dead in front of me.

I reckon with all the toys, this thing is level pegging in cost with mine.
The Burmester is gorgeous, but iirc a £5k option on this car? Ouch.

Engines pretty good & with the PSE on it bangs & splutters like a boy racers car. I love it!! Feels as quick as mine. Only a 100hp down on me and 50nm of torque down, but I’m guessing lighter than a Cayenne even with the batteries.

I think I’ll have this long term, but I guess time will tell.
Taycan Turbo S

goron59

Post by goron59 »

So the switch away from Vodafone Automotive telematics hasn't improved things then :/
PEL OPC says Porsche "have their own" tracker tech now... though I suspect it's still outsourced.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR