Cabin Ventilation Fan Noise

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Im sure this has been talked of before..” Air con gas, “ but if it hasn’t I owned a ice cream company so was constantly changing compresses and using a gas which in effect froze the ice cream to minus 45 degrees. At one time the engineer who was re..gassing a compressor told me that a certain type of gas had been removed from the market ( infact the one I was using) due to having to many ccfs and didn’t comply with new regulations. This is why aircon Gas is not the same as it use to be!! However I have been told that people in the know use company’s that deal with refrigerators / compressers and have their units gassed by them ... I to did this in my old land cruiser... it was like sitting in Siberia!!!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 pm Im sure this has been talked of before..” Air con gas, “ but if it hasn’t I owned a ice cream company so was constantly changing compresses and using a gas which in effect froze the ice cream to minus 45 degrees. At one time the engineer who was re..gassing a compressor told me that a certain type of gas had been removed from the market ( infact the one I was using) due to having to many ccfs and didn’t comply with new regulations. This is why aircon Gas is not the same as it use to be!! However I have been told that people in the know use company’s that deal with refrigerators / compressers and have their units gassed by them ... I to did this in my old land cruiser... it was like sitting in Siberia!!!
You are right in saying that air con refrigerant has changed. However, R12 was banned in 1994 and while it remained in use for some years afterwards it will never have been the basis for refrigerant used in the Macan.

The performance of your Land Cruiser air conditioning owes more to the fact that it was designed to maintain cabin temperature in desert conditions at engine tickover to it being regassed by a refrigerator maintenance company. You make a fair point though: we expect Porsche technicians to be experts at electronic diagnosis and skilled in regassing air con systems and everything else that goes with maintaining a car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I agree, it is noisy.

Perhaps it shouldn't be on this class of car but I would rather noisy cool than silence hot :lol:
GTS \o/ - sold :(