lost google earth / data

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
odl21

Post by odl21 »

day 2 - get in the car and the maps are back to simple mode without the satellite view. doesn't seem to be any option to turn them on again and the car seems to have lost internet connectivity. any tips?

thanks.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Take out SIM and reinsert it you should see a signal icon in bottom left of the PCM

I swipe my screen from the right corner to bring up a selection menu where I can select Google Earth
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
johnd

Post by johnd »

It happens to mine from time to time. There are actually two distinct failure modes:

1. GE disappears altogether and the only way of recovering is to stop (ie ignition off + keys out) the car, wait eg 5 minutes then try again. Often it will work 2nd time but not always.

2. GE has simply deselected itself but is still available. It just needs to be re-enabled via the touch screen;

You can tell the difference between 1 and 2 by whether the GE icon appears on the touchscreen features list or not.

Despite repeat visits to the OPC, they have never been able to rectify this problem. I think it's part of the fact that the initial power-on sequencing for identifying which devices are connected and their current state has never been properly debugged. Porsche electrics don't seem to be the best.
Last edited by johnd on Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

I received an email this week that my vehicle had been removed from My Porsche Connect. Contacted Connect and they identified the issue and reset the car up but this stopped my Connect apps working and I have had to go through the pain of redoing all the activations and set-up. Probably not related but mentioning just in case.
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
VanB

Post by VanB »

The whole Porsche connect thing is a PITA and very poorly executed IMO
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate