GPS position is miles out!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Probably reprogrammed to look for Galileo!

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I think it has to be turned off for a while to fully power down and reset
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

GPS isn't perfect.

This can be quite embarrassing when you're unloading a combine on the move and the auto steer decides you need to do an immediate sharp left turn.

Our worst reception is often in between a TV mast and water tower, both have loads of phone aerials.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

andreas wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 pm Today, my navigation system decided to locate my car many miles from its true position. Right now, I know that my Macan is parked in my drive in rural Essex, just north of Chelmsford, but my navigation system insists that it's actually in the sea, 12 miles off Clacton. After 3 phone calls to the OPC before I could actually get to speak to a service person, I'm no wiser, and they tell me they're taking bookings for late July. This isn't the Porsche dream I was sold....
Years ago I had a similar problem in a Mercedes. Turned out to be an aerial fault limiting the satellites the car used to decide its position. Knowing that doesn't help if you can't get your OPC to look at the problem. As others have said find a different OPC.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel