Macan GTS first service

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

MCDK wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 am
Rab J wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm
MCDK wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 pm I will be using the main dealer for all work but will economise on costs wherever possible. If there is £100 to save then I will do it and would question anyone not wanting to do that. It's the same oil so no issue whatsoever. For those that don't see my logic then why not supply your own oil next time but leave five £20 notes on the passenger seat when you next leave your car in for service as a little extra for Porsche . Same idea.
You'll never get to GT3 heaven by leaving a couple of gallons of oil in the passengers footwell for the service ;)
This could well be true Rab :oops: but there may be a few more hurdles before getting to GT3 heaven.
I was in Belfast today and it is very quiet. GT3 Heaven is fine for an aspiration but that place needs bread and butter Macans to start arriving.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yep. Nowadays, Porsche can only afford to develop halo cars like the GT3, based on the profit from their bread & butter Macans, Cayennes and Panameras.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 pm I will be using the main dealer for all work but will economise on costs wherever possible. If there is £100 to save then I will do it and would question anyone not wanting to do that. It's the same oil so no issue whatsoever. For those that don't see my logic then why not supply your own oil next time but leave five £20 notes on the passenger seat when you next leave your car in for service as a little extra for Porsche . Same idea.
You'll never get to GT3 heaven by leaving a couple of gallons of oil in the passengers footwell for the service ;)
This could well be true Rab :oops: but there may be a few more hurdles before getting to GT3 heaven.
I'm certainly not holding my breath waiting my turn. At least for the moment I'm perfectly happy with my GT3 like GTS, rear wheel drive and no sunroof.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 pm

I was in Belfast today and it is very quiet. GT3 Heaven is fine for an aspiration but that place needs bread and butter Macans to start arriving.
Very true Tom, it was the SUVs, especially the diesels that fattened up Porsches bank account. The whole car industry is on its head due to the diesel question at the moment and not much sign of that changing anytime soon.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Rab J wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Very true Tom, it was the SUVs, especially the diesels that fattened up Porsches bank account. The whole car industry is on its head due to the diesel question at the moment and not much sign of that changing anytime soon.
Ha, so will Carl, et al be open to deal on a new 992 in a year or 2. maybe the will offer silly money to sweeten the deal.

I do get the impression Porsche Belfast is quieter - maybe people put off by factory closing or indeed Brexit fear.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

They are a bit like Undertakers. Captive audience and so on. It’s a great facility there but the area has yet to develop in terms of passing trade.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The lack of stuff to sell has to be the big issue for Belfast. N Ireland is diesel country so the lack of Macan diesels has to be a killer for them, also no new Cayenne in diesel. People here can't get their heads around petrol SUVs unless they are car enthusiasts.

They will sell a decent load of 718 and 911 also to enthusiasts but again lack of new cars is a problem currently, New model 911 might bring a little flurry of sales. Guess if they were sitting down today to talk about building the new showroom the decision might be different.

Its ok though they will make up the deficits on service costs lol.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm Yep. Nowadays, Porsche can only afford to develop halo cars like the GT3, based on the profit from their bread & butter Macans, Cayennes and Panameras.
That is precisely why Porsche need to get their act together.

Forget the Sports Models timelines, these are not the profitable ones to the degree that the SUVs are and certainly the GT3s and Rs are simply boys toys to develop the engineering that rolls over into more mainstream variants.

Rapid development of cars that will make them the cash and create better brand loyalty and compete with the market.

No EVs anytime soon is a real bad call on their part, I am forgetting the Tincan, that is a development exercise in what will be a production run of limited numbers.

The SUV and luxury saloon market is awash with cars and you just have to look at the Audi adds for the tech inclusions in their higher end products to see that Porsche are very much second class.

Porsche are not looking after the bulk of their customers very well in respect of model development.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MCDK wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:11 am The lack of stuff to sell has to be the big issue for Belfast.

Its ok though they will make up the deficits on service costs lol.
Not if your their regular customer 😖😂😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:16 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm Yep. Nowadays, Porsche can only afford to develop halo cars like the GT3, based on the profit from their bread & butter Macans, Cayennes and Panameras.
That is precisely why Porsche need to get their act together.
Rapid development of cars that will make them the cash and create better brand loyalty and compete with the market
Porsche are not looking after the bulk of their customers very well in respect of model development.
Based on their business model they are far away and above any other car manufacturer with app £14k profit per unit sold, with astronomic profits on 911 versions. It was the Boxster and Cayenne introduction that saved them and latterly Macan becoming the top seller. They remain effectively niche by comparison with a sound degree of exclusivity.

Don't think they would consider that their act is anything other than together.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6