Macan GTS first service

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MCDK

Re: Macan GTS first service

Post by MCDK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am

Just to revisit this thread I started.

Service now carried out and people were keen to know if my paperwork noted anything about me supplying oil. Answer is no, all stamped as expected and invoice with no notes or amendments.

So that's £100 saved, any of the doom and gloom doubters want a share of it lol.

And the dealers remain my friends and loaned me a Cayman GTS for 2 days while the service was being carried out as I live 50 miles from the OPC.

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:40 am

Good job, I sorted mine - just bit the bullet. No need for a loaner, too close for me. Although I can ask for a car anytime.

On the Belfast Setup and no more diesel, I really don’t think that will damage the sales. Every Macan (for example) I see is petrol, actually quite a few turbos around the city, 911 sales very high here - even for Dublin folk and in GB. The petrol cayennes will sell with the well heeled of Cultra dropping little a Farquhar to school from the Gold Coast and Malone.

718’s all day long and they want to increase used sales - which seems good presently as I drive past regularly. Carl and co couldn’t do that before due to lack of space.

I see them going from strength to strength and it seems a long list of interest on the taycan.

I am really keen on a 992 in a couple of years, hoping the good relationship stays strong and wait not that long. I must say it is a very nice experience and alsways welcoming to call in for a coffee and catch up - which I do 😍
2016 Macan GTS - VG and the usual stuff
2015 S3 Saloon in Sepang Blue (little 2nd runaround)

Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN5H670

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am

MCDK wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am
Just to revisit this thread I started. Service now carried out and people were keen to know if my paperwork noted anything about me supplying oil. Answer is no, all stamped as expected and invoice with no notes or amendments. So that's £100 saved, any of the doom and gloom doubters want a share of it lol.

And the dealers remain my friends and loaned me a Cayman GTS for 2 days while the service was being carried out as I live 50 miles from the OPC.
Friendship will be validated when they replace your pitted exhaust pipe tips! ;)
Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am
MCDK wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am
Just to revisit this thread I started. Service now carried out and people were keen to know if my paperwork noted anything about me supplying oil. Answer is no, all stamped as expected and invoice with no notes or amendments. So that's £100 saved, any of the doom and gloom doubters want a share of it lol.

Friendship will be validated when they replace your pitted exhaust pipe tips! ;)
They changed mine - no questions asked
2016 Macan GTS - VG and the usual stuff
2015 S3 Saloon in Sepang Blue (little 2nd runaround)

Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN5H670

MCDK

Post by MCDK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am

Thanks Si. Thought you had yours sorted a while ago so at least they are familiar with the issue.

happy days

Post by happy days » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:01 pm

mcnallys wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:40 am
Good job, I sorted mine - just bit the bullet. No need for a loaner, too close for me. Although I can ask for a car anytime.

On the Belfast Setup and no more diesel, I really don’t think that will damage the sales. Every Macan (for example) I see is petrol, actually quite a few turbos around the city, 911 sales very high here - even for Dublin folk and in GB. The petrol cayennes will sell with the well heeled of Cultra dropping little a Farquhar to school from the Gold Coast and Malone.

718’s all day long and they want to increase used sales - which seems good presently as I drive past regularly. Carl and co couldn’t do that before due to lack of space.

I see them going from strength to strength and it seems a long list of interest on the taycan.

I am really keen on a 992 in a couple of years, hoping the good relationship stays strong and wait not that long. I must say it is a very nice experience and alsways welcoming to call in for a coffee and catch up - which I do 😍
I was in with our McCann last week. Paul was telling me that on top of the £10m showroom cost, they now have to spend an additional £250k on installing Porsche charging systems.
Macan S D
718 S

MCDK

Post by MCDK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm

That will be another £100 added to the service costs from now then!!

happy days

Post by happy days » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S

Return to “Issues & Technical”