Porsche Macan S, 10 k miles, Nov 2016

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
FRANKFIXIT

Post by FRANKFIXIT »

Re above I was nearly involved in serious collision when entering a busy main road from a minor road when the Macan just stalled: it sat there in the middle of the road with my accelerator nearly fully depressed but snail’s pace advance! This has happened twice this week and scared the life out of my wife and me.
I now recognise this has been a regular occurrence when parking the car in a fairly ‘tight’ garage positioned on an incline; I now realise the imprecise accelerator response , ie, when pressing down on the accelerator but no movement,is the same response I have experienced on a busy main road!
I intend to speak to the dealer tomorrow but I would appreciate any assistance/advice please.

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Jaysus...that sounds like a drivetrain issue. Perhaps a driveshaft problem. Interested to hear what they say on that!
Guy

Post by Guy »

I'm pretty sure that I've read about something similar on the US Forum, but I just did a search and can't find it. I recall them describing it feeling as if the parking brake was applied.
FRANKFIXIT

Post by FRANKFIXIT »

Perused the US sites referred to and their thrust appears to focus on two features, viz :-
Never Left and Right foot drive as this causes a 10 sec delay in the computer deciding what to do. In other words never brake and accelerate at the same time from Stopped;
Software update .
A transfer box is also mentioned but has not had the success rate of the points mentioned above.
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

FRANKFIXIT wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:22 pm Perused the US sites referred to and their thrust appears to focus on two features, viz :-
Never Left and Right foot drive as this causes a 10 sec delay in the computer deciding what to do. In other words never brake and accelerate at the same time from Stopped;
Software update .
A transfer box is also mentioned but has not had the success rate of the points mentioned above.
Had the same problem a couple of times at exactly the same place in our village. It was when I was pulling out of a junction that is on an incline and I have applied the brake "hold" and then tried to be clever when jumping into a gap by left foot on brake and right foot on throttle. Car just stalled for a couple of seconds.
Stopped doing it and just let the technology do it's thing and all ok now.

Similar situation?
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S