Transfer box - Survey of members

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
NickP

Post by NickP »

Mine lasted to 5 yrs and 72k and then went. It was replaced without fuss or question.
Nick

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

My 2016/66 SD has no record of transfer case work, seems fine after 44k miles
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Mine replaced a couple of weeks ago - 4.5 yrs old and 23k
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
penport

Post by penport »

Just got the call from OPC that mine needs replacing - 4yrs old 39K
Interestingly I specifically enquired about a preventative TC oil change at it's major service a few months ago and was told it wasn't recommended for my VIN.....however recently it's been skipping on tight right hand turns (only) in the cold so got them to check it while it's having a cracked door handle replaced.
Apparently the new one is a revised design and they haven't seen any issues so far with it.
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]
NeilH

Post by NeilH »

2015 macan in today for transfer box check - needs another ! Replaced in 2018 with pre updated t box approx30 k miles. It’s gone again 53k miles Porsche say not paying for it . Been offered replacement for £1400. They say 7 year warranty on box but only applies to the first one ? 1 year on replacement , why it’s the same box ? Last year they changed the oil for free when within 7 years so that stalled the replacement to past 7 years ! Clever one could think ! I have told main dealer I want it replaced FOC as old box was fitted and it’s a proven weak unit. Awaiting a response
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Seems pretty poor to have failed twice.
NeilH

Post by NeilH »

Still waiting for a decision from Porsche GB , Exeter Porsche supposed to have asked for replacement under warranty , they told me car is fine to drive , doesn’t feel like it !
NeilH

Post by NeilH »

Just had call from Porsche Exeter they’re going to replace transfer box again . Cost to me of £250 , apparently paying this gets me a warranty on the new box ?? Not sure what that’s about but £250 is a lot cheaper than previous quote , I still think it should be replaced FOC as part clearly has major issues, have accepted it so thank you Porsche
kevreb123

Post by kevreb123 »

One owner 2018 SD purchased 18 months ago with 20,000 on clock now on 28500 miles all good so far .
Excarrera

Post by Excarrera »

Hi, I have noticed what I would describe as a snatching of the rear wheels when pulling away, particularly when on lock. It has become more apparent recently and I intend to get the dealer input when my car has the software update for aircon/ headlight issue after Christmas. I’ve had many 4 wheel drive cars, RRover, Audi Q8, Carrera 4S, A6 etc and have never experienced this characteristic so like you I’d be interested in any other member comments. This car is Macan 2.0 new July ‘22 and 4K miles.